The Product Manager works with global engineering resources to lead new product development & line extensions from concept through product life cycle. This position drives effective market research and develops product that aligns with customer needs. The role includes analyzing return on investment, recommending worthwhile product investments and overseeing the lifecycle process to ensure ROI of development initiatives are realized. As leader of the development process, this position drives global teams to meet product release deadlines.
Critical Success Factors:
• Development of winning concepts that meet customer needs and sales projections and contribute to the company’s overall growth strategy.
• Effective management of global resources to meet product rollout deadlines.
• Successful management of China factory resources to meet deadlines and service level agreements.
• Effective management of material/development costs and product life cycles to ensure ROI on new product initiatives.
• Works with Marketing and Sales to develop market research strategy to effectively identify customer needs for new products and existing product improvements.
• Works with internal and external design resources to develop cutting edge new product concepts to meet customer expectations and achieve sales targets. Looks for the latest trends in technology.
• Manages the development of new product proposals including design engineering architectural concepts, design engineering specifications and new technology recommendations.
• Works with sales team to identify sales forecasts based on product specifications.
• Work with global product and purchasing teams to identify cost associated with development of each product, analyzes ROI and makes recommendations on products worth moving forward.
• Works with global Purchasing team to identify cost effective material vendors while maintaining expected quality and service levels.
• Manage schedules for production including pilot run, product and finish review, label production, and initial order quantities (IOQ)
• Drives global Product Management and engineering teams to meet product rollout deadlines. Assists in overcoming barriers as they arise.
• Coaches, trains, motivates and mentors in-direct staff.
• Works with Product Managers and Engineers to provide the appropriate technical materials including product design story, specifications, photometrics, etc. to support effective product launches and assist the sales & marketing team in achieving sales targets.
• Develop effective training and tools for Sales and Support teams.
• Identify and form relationships with strong strategic partners.
• Identify, investigate and influence code and standards related to new products.
• Measures ongoing success of each product line developed by the team to ensure ROI is realized.
• Oversees product lifecycle and product SKUs to effectively support business needs and enhance efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or related field of study.
• Minimum of 7+ years global product development experience.
• Experience managing product lifecycle
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Ability to meet tight and changing deadlines.
• Domestic and International travel for up to 2 weeks at a time (3-4 international trips per year).
• Effective presentation skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to drive directives through non-direct reports.
• Attention to detail in composing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks/demands.
• Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Cad via Solid Works or Professional Engineer.
• Mandarin Chinese language capabilities a huge plus.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package include: paid time off; medical & dental coverage (including family coverage), vision, life,401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
About WAC Lighting:
Celebrating over 35 years of business and significant growth, WAC strives to be the most recognized and respected lighting fixtures company in the industry. We offer innovative and quality products and provide extraordinary customer service. We are an entrepreneurial company offering excellent career and growth opportunities. For more information, visit our Web site, www.waclighting.com
We strive every day to develop sustainable lighting by maximizing the aesthetic quality of today’s interior environment while minimizing the impact on our world’s precious natural environment. To achieve this goal, we are developing luminaries that deliver the finest quality of light with the most energy efficient lamping and optic technology available. We acknowledge our responsibility to raise the standards for how lighting quality is provided.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com. Given the high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted. WAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.