Lucifer Lighting Company is a growing, privately-held, San Antonio-based designer and manufacturer of high-end architectural light fixtures. You’ll find our products everywhere from the Nike Headquarters in Portland and the Instagram office in New York to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the National History Museum, Wrigley Field, the Los Angeles International Airport, and Towers 15, 35, and 55 at Hudson Yards. We’re in the campuses of 4 of the 5 largest US tech companies and 5 of the top 10 tallest towers in the USA. Our customers are the world’s leading architects, lighting designers, and engineers, who value our exceptional quality, precision engineering, and innovative design – our products bring their vision to life.
We light the world’s most beautiful spaces.
Position Summary: Ensures new products are launched on time, within budget and meet all quality metrics. Manages programs from inception to completion utilizing program management methodologies. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products. Leads program review and status meetings and communicates project status. Motivates and drives program team to ensure optimal performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the NPI process through all stage gates and meet overall schedule.
- Operate with a deep sense of ownership and urgency at every stage of the new product development process.
- Support Company roadmap development by providing resource availability and estimated project hours required based on MRS specification.
- Develop and maintain project plans using the project work breakdown structure, work scope definitions, schedules, resource requirements, expenditure schedules, and NPI process.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams of design engineering, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, leanengineering, sales and third-party partners in executing new product introduction projects, and customer fulfillment projects.
- Effectively mitigate project risks and create opportunities for project execution enhancements.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues between business functions to drive overall project process.Ensure material is available to support all development builds.
- Comply with all Company policies, rules, guidelines and behavior expectations.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced communication, facilitation and project management skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Deep knowledge of program management approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Experience with utilizing Root Cause Analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Fishbone, Cause and Effect
- Facilitate cross–functional project team gate and launch assessments and utilize root cause analysis tools to determine lessons learned and lay out counter measures for future projects.
- Advanced skills in PC based documentation tools including MS Project and MS Office.
- Demonstrated working knowledge/experience within technical engineering design/manufacturing business units.
- Proven history of effective multi-tasking on parallel development efforts.
- Ethical leader who inspires trust and confidence throughout the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 2 + years of experience in a Program Manager role or equivalent.
- Experience with driving development of electro-mechanical products utilizing medium volume manufacturing domestically and/or overseas.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques, CNC operations and acquisition of tooling
- Experience presenting to C-level stakeholders
- 5 + years of experience in a Program Manager role or equivalent.
- PMP certification.
- 2+ years’ experience with lighting product development
- Basic Knowledge of domestic and international lighting safety standards and the NEC
- General knowledge of castings (die and investment), forgings, plastic injection moldings, extrusions, machining, heat sink design, sheet metal, surface treatments (powder coating, painting, plating), stamping, drawing including tooling lead times
- Basic knowledge in light sources and LED Technologies, including LEDs, COBs, PCBs, Drivers, Control Systems, thermal management (simulation and testing)
- Strong and proven experience with driving development of electro-mechanical products utilizing medium volume manufacturing domestically and/or overseas
- Documented track record of managing multiple projects in parallel (5+)
- SolidWorks CAD experience.
Interested candidates should contact David Stites at email@example.com.