Project Engineer – Edison, NJ
ERCO Lighting, Inc.
As a global market leader in the field of Architectural Lighting, ERCO offers a comprehensive range of high quality products. Forward thinking product development and unparalleled light delivery for all applications make ERCO the number one choice for leading architects and lighting designers. Light interprets space and helps us to perceive and experience them. In this sense we understand light as the ‘fourth dimension’ of architecture. For our Regional Sales Organization based in the USA, we are now seeking to hire a project engineer.
Summary of Position:
ERCO is seeking a Project Engineer to join the North American team to assist in the development of products and accessories which will grow our market presence in North America.
The Project Engineer will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate with local and international cross-functional teams to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals.
This position will report to the Technical Director and will routinely interact with Global R & D to identify product needs and demonstrate compliance to project deliverables. Experience with product development in a LEAN process driven environment is a plus. The Project Engineer must possess the ability to manage projects effectively, demonstrate self-directed leadership. In addition, this role will involve interfacing with team members across the organization and providing production, technical, marketing, purchasing and sales support for the existing product portfolio.
As a member of the Product Development team, the Project Engineer will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, including idea generation, competitive analysis, concept design, design development, prototyping and documentation. Must be able to develop sketches, 3D/2D renderings for new and existing solid state lighting products/fixtures/accessories.
We need someone to come in and roll up their sleeves and get results, so a hands-on Project Engineer is a must.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Associate’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical) with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (LED Lighting products preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical) with 0-3 years of relevant experience (LED Lighting products preferred)
- Engage customers, both internal and external, to understand their needs, determine value propositions, and convert to solutions
- Develop internal 3D, 2D, design renderings and engineering documentation for release to engineering, manufacturing, including drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Maintain product data and documentation in SAP business systems (developmental databases, BOM’s, instructions, etc.)
- Interact with production in the setup of work-centers and process flow of product
- Support customer service and quality assurance field questions or complaints
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the market and its technology by interfacing closely with technology partners, attending industry conferences and seminars and through contact with sales personnel, customers and others in the company.
- Performs varied duties (including but not limited to the above accountabilities) involved in projects and activities characterized by a confidential nature.
- Must be able to physically unpack and assemble lighting fixtures for production approval
- Approximately 10-20% Domestic and international travel required
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to manage time effectively
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Power Point and SAP software systems is preferred
- Proficient in major 3D CAD package, knowledge of CAD best practices, SolidWorks or Solid Designer design software preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to peers and non-technical audience
ERCO Lighting offers a competitive compensation package, health care (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), and growth potential within the company.
Interested candidates should apply to Tom Healy @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
ERCO Lighting Inc.
160 Raritan Center Parkway, Suite 10
Edison, NJ 08837
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Edison, NJ