Lightsmith Inc, an NYC-based Lighting Distributor, is seeking talented individuals to join our rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, fun environment well suited to individuals that have self-motivation, an eye for detail and a collaborative personality. The ideal Project Manager will have previous proven lighting experience with specific industry knowledge in procurement, contract administration, project performance management and the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Computer proficiency and strong practical knowledge of Outlook, Office, Word, Excel and Adobe Pro is required. Oasis and Auto-CAD is preferred but not necessary.
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Managing customer relationships
- Working as a liaison between the Customer, Lighting Representatives, Manufacturers, Designers and the Sales team to meet customer needs.
- Work with Estimating Dept by confirming that all necessary components for a complete installation have been included.
- Coordinate with Estimators to properly prepare & submit lighting specification submittal packages “For Approval” including resubmittal of “Returned Rejected” submittal packages.
- Managing multiple projects from submission to delivery while maintaining customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Manage projects in a positive team environment on time and on budget
- Continually achieving the best value for the organization and customer.
- Facilitate and coordinate sample requests when required for project mockups
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager in the lighting/electrical industry
- Must be able to read architectural/electrical plans
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Must maintain positive and friendly composure when dealing with customers both in person and over the phone.
- Able to multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong PC skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Adobe Pro.
- Being proficient in the use of AutoCad & Oasis Sales Software is a plus.
- Have the ability & be comfortable with filing all information into a paperless system.
- Demonstrate and uphold all the core values of Lightsmith, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
- Medical coverage offered
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Competitive salary and benefits package,
- Significant opportunity for growth.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
Interested candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume to the Managing Director
Heather Sherin (HSherin@Lightsmithusa.com)