Project Quotations Specialist
American Wholesale Lighting (A.W.L.) is seeking a Project Quotation Specialist with the ability to create, direct, and negotiate lighting quotations and RFP pricing for the National Account and C/I markets. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, the ideal candidate must have in depth lighting experience, not only in lighting products and manufacturers but also the technology behind the products. They should be able to examine a lighting specification and be able to evaluate in order to make suggestions for equal alternates, value engineered alternates, as well as possible specification improvements. Working directly with the inside sales, project management, and outside sales personnel, this position mandates excellent communication and time management skills. You will be working with multiple deadlines on various projects in several markets. As soon as you’re onboarded, working in concert with the VP Sales, you will also be responsible to help manage key vendor relationships, bringing their newest and best products to light within the company as a whole. You will write business in this position. The quotation specialist position is located in Livermore, CA – East Bay, as the office is located there; no relocation package included.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Manage quotation policies and procedures for NA and C/I opportunities
• Operate as the “hub” for the outside sales team for data and information collection for bids
• Work to manage the vendor partnership program for the company’s benefit
• Own the quotation program and all facets and updates to ensure the best possible output
• Attend meetings, sales events, trainings, and conferences as needed
• Write business and assist in writing business as a result of your quotation and negotiation efforts.
• Aid in submittal and RFP presentation materials
Skills & Competencies:
• 5+ years minimum experience in the lighting industry
• Ability to personally and accurately cross over lighting specifications and schedules
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
• Excellent listening, verbal, and written communications skills
• Superior time management skills
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office (Excel & Power Point)
• Plan takeoff experience
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to AWLSalesInfo@gmail.com
About American Wholesale Lighting ( www.awlighting.com )
Based out of Northern California and with over 30 years of experience in the National Account and commercial lighting markets, American Wholesale Lighting is one of the fastest growing National Account Distributors in the USA. Working closely with clients on a regional, national, and worldwide platform, has driven us to refine our practices to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of clients, across multiple market channels, always. We take pride in our exceptional ability to service our clients with a complete palette of services including lighting design, strategic sourcing and procurement, turnkey retrofitting, and maintenance. At American Wholesale Lighting, we believe the customer deserves the best, so the best is what we deliver. Time and time again.