Cree Lighting, A company of IDEAL INDUSTRIES, is an LED lighting pioneer known for being first – first to bring LED lighting to the masses, first to deliver no compromise white light, and first to offer a sensor-integrated intelligent lighting platform with the push of a button. Our innovative LED solutions are designed for indoor, outdoor and intelligent lighting applications. Our cutting-edge technology delivers reliable performance and value beyond light for office and industrial buildings, schools and universities, municipalities, automotive dealerships, healthcare facilities, and more.
The Regional Roadway / Utility Lighting Sales Manager is responsible for growing sales of the roadway product and utility vertical. They will identify opportunities, develop sales strategies, and build relationships with Cree Lighting agents, distributors, municipalities, DOTs and utilities within the Southeast Region.
Customer and channel support functions include technical/application, product selection, pricing, LED lighting education, new product introductions and special product feature capabilities. Internal communication requirements include market pricing intel, customer spec requirements, competitive trends, sales pipeline updates and revenue projections.
- Opportunity to represent a premier manufacturer and innovation leader in the lighting industry
- A chance to showcase your acquired knowledge in roadway / utility markets
- Gain invaluable experience with an innovation leader, poised for success
- High visibility in one of Cree Lighting’s most strategic sales channels
- Offer potential for upward mobility and broad career options within Cree Lighting and Ideal Industries.
You will be responsible to:
- Develop and implement sales strategies based on industry needs and company product offerings to utilities, municipalities, DOT’s and other users of roadway lighting
- Be a source of information back to the business regarding product needs and competitive information in this sales channel
- Interface with Product Technology Integration team, Marketing, Administrative Services, RSMs, CS, Account Specialists and Product Engineering on leading submittals of major RFPs and RFIs to cities, utilities and DOTs
- Be active in strategic committees and trade organizations relating to this market
- Build relationships with customers, reps and trade organizations
- Make presentations to customers, reps and trade organizations regarding Cree Lighting and LED technology in general
What you need for success:
- 4-year college degree
- 5 years experience in the roadway, utility and DOT lighting markets
- Sound working knowledge of IESNA RP-8 and other relevant standards for street & area lighting
- 8 years field sales experience in the lighting industry