The focus of this position is the management and development of American Lighting’s Lighting Showroom and Electrical Distribution Customer Base and Sales Representative network, while expanding its marketing programs to increase revenue in these channels. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the Commercial and Residential Lighting markets, and a thorough understanding of the lighting products sold in these channels.
This position will be responsible for driving revenue through business planning and customer development. In addition, the Regional Sales Manager will work closely with management to help continue the company’s long-standing tradition of delivering innovative lighting designs to the marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Meet or exceed the sales objectives and quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage and drive performance of the independent sales representatives in specified territory
- Gain an in-depth understanding of competitive product lines in order to sell products that will meet the customer’s expectations
- Educate and train customers and sales representatives on the correct application of American Lighting products and services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Represent American Lighting at tradeshows and events as assigned
- Conduct field visits/joint sales calls with sales representatives in order to train, educate and evaluate performance
- Monitor and inform management of competitive strategies, tactics and threats.
- Prospecting of new clients by making phone contacts, scheduling appointments and making presentations to decision-makers.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to management on a variety of topics related to market feedback, sales targets, sales performance, sales growth, sales management and sales representative performance
- Developments of budgets and sales forecasting
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and sales teams.
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives.
- Sound technical aptitude
- College degree or equivalent industry work experience required.
- 5+ Years general experience in the lighting industry, with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Sales Manager
- Computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
- 5+ years of management experience (sales and/or key account) in the lighting industry.
- Currently working in this capacity calling on end user accounts.
- Demonstrated history of key account sales/business development success.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Business or marketing degree preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should contact JASON ELROD, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org