SPI Lighting is a leading provider in commercial grade luminaires. SPI is located in Mequon, WI where all of the products are manufactured and built. SPI is known for high output indirect lighting, natatorium rated lighting, and high performance architectural luminaires. SPI is committed to integrating the latest in LED technology into clean, modern, professional designs which are meant for the most discerning projects. SPI is well established and known for being a quality manufacturer that the professional community can depend on.
SPI is looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the Western half of the U.S. The main function of this role will be to work directly with our sales agents to help facilitate the sales growth in their respective markets. Our sales agents work directly and daily with the top architects, engineers, lighting consultants, electrical contractors, electrical distributors and general contractors in their markets. The ideal RSM will be adept and communicating and providing value at all of these levels when it comes to being an SPI resource to these professionals.
- Grow Regional level sales by working with independent agents.
- Build relationships with sales representatives, specifiers, and other customers of SPI by traveling through assigned region.
- Introducing new products at all levels across Region. Approximately 5-10 launches per year.
- Work with independent agents to present new products to top architects, engineers, and lighting designers in their respective territories.
- Organize and execute SPI’s presence at tradeshows.
- Deliver market feedback to Sales, Marketing, and New Product Development on how SPI can provide continual and ongoing value to the lighting community.
- Schedule and entertain guests, facilitate plant tours, and actively communicate and educate the value that SPI provides.
- Help to develop and execute sales plans specifically tailored to sales agencies to help them with SPI in their markets.
- Track overall performance of sales agents and analyze details such as product mix and commission levels in assessing each agency on an ongoing basis.
- Make recommendations to the VP of Sales regarding the changing of agencies if needed.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Experience: Successful track record as a Regional Manager selling specification grade luminaires; and / or successful sales record at a sales agency, and / or extensive knowledge of lighting and architecture.
- Ability and desire to travel.
- Ability to learn portfolio and capabilities of an established and growing lighting manufacturer.
- Ability to navigate a flexible manufacturing company to get best results for lighting agency sales efforts and their customers.
- Ability to physically carry and present luminaires at sales offices and at the office’s of specifiers.
- Desire and capability of successful communication through out the lighting market chain.
- Understanding of the commercial lighting market sales process and capability to contribute positively through out.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling position with a respected organization that will reward you for your efforts, then this is the position for you. All applications will be reviewed on a confidential basis and should be e-mailed to email@example.com.