Sales Representatives // Holophane
Territory: Colorado (491) and New Mexico (492)
Role and Responsibilities
Holophane (an Acuity Brands Company) the leader in indoor and outdoor lighting solutions for more than a century is seeking 2 experienced and successful sales representatives; one for the Colorado territory and the other for New Mexico.
To provide front line sales representation in assigned geographic territory/area Provide sales support for projects which involve multiple territories. This also includes involvement and interaction with national account activities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide sales opportunities to the Solutions Group by calling on various buying influences in our defined territory. Buying influences are any company, organization, group and/or person who can influence the purchase of Solutions Group Products and Services. Meet sales goals and quotas set by sales management.
- Build and cultivate relationships with various buying influences which will support the Solutions Group value proposition. This effort should be done so as to maximize sales opportunities and profitability for Solutions Group Products and Services.
- Use tool sets provided by the company as well as external sources of information to search out and find potential sales opportunities for Solutions Group Products and Services. This normally needs to occur very early in the sales opportunity life cycle so we can educate and gain buy in to with the buying influences to the Solutions Group value proposition. Organizational skills to set up sales calls and keep records of activities with various customers.
- Provide support to develop pricing for the sales of Solutions Group Products and Services. This is provided on a job by job basis as well as providing feedback on an ongoing basis to those in other roles which effect prices and price levels placed on Solutions Group Products and Services.
- Interact with other Holophane Sales Representatives throughout our organization to support sales of Solutions Group Products and Services in opportunities involving multiple territories and Solutions Group National Accounts and Focused Account personnel.
- Utilize ABS tools to increase sales rep effectiveness and improve sales results
- Provide post sales support for Solutions Group Products and Services which may involve resolution of product deficiencies and/or delivery of material by third party partners.
- Be a positive and respected representative of the company in organizations and activities which involve industry leaders. This means participating actively in groups which educate and support the growth of Solutions Group Products and Services.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
– 6 to 8 years plus the education listed below.
– Presentation skills in front of various size groups. May involve technical audience asking some difficult questions. May also involve non-technical audience and the ability to translate complex topics into simple and understandable concepts. Ability to shift quickly from one application to another. May be working on an industrial application then need to shift gears to answer a question on DMX controlled color changing facade lighting. Analytical and problem solving ability. Good memory skills, part numbers, product knowledge and ability to integrate these into solutions. Understanding of building & utility electrical systems, basic science, materials, heat transfer, optics, reading and understanding drawings and data presentation. Calculations of equations. Detail orientation and accurate. Customer Service orientation. Ability to deal with difficult phone calls from upset customers without becoming emotional. Patience! Strong communications skills and willingness to use these skills across a wide range of people within and outside of the organization. Ability to use office computer programs such as Microsoft Office. Other technical programs for lighting calculations which are quite similar to CAD programs. Time management and setting up appointments and setting daily, weekly and long range schedules range. Negotiation skills.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing and/or Engineering
If you are qualified and would like to be considered for this position, please
- email your resume to: [email protected]
- apply online for requisition #491 (CO) or #492 (NM) https://www.acuitybrands.com/AboutUs/Careers.aspx