At SLS, our employees are our greatest asset. With years of collective experience in lighting and lighting controls, the NYC design and construction community rely on our staff’s contributions to design projects within budget and deliver on time. SLS’ consistent growth in the market is attributed to our ability to uphold our core principles: offer superior service, demonstrate value, maintain relevance, and operate with integrity. Our clients’ success is our motivation; our reputation is our obsession.
SLS is seeking a Specification Sales Representative. This representative will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key specifiers and manufacturers, while growing market share and building new accounts for SLS.
The ideal candidate will understand strategic planning, sales and design. This individual must be able to provide astute business guidance as well as establish goals, formulate strategies, execute plans, and achieve results.
The candidate will be a talented, energetic, and passionate individual with a proven track record of success in either the lighting or architectural industry, and a high degree of integrity. This role will be based in New York City and require a high level of travel within the New York City region, with occasional travel outside of the region.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for lighting specifications through the development of relationships with specifiers and manufacturers
- Understands the lighting industry, product and market trends
- Create and maintain strong relationships with all relevant parties, companies, institutions, and people
- Fully understand and confidently navigate the complexity of the New York City sales network
- Achieve annual and quarterly targets
- Identify and generate new opportunities to build the SLS portfolio
- Responsible for showcasing all new products into the market: confidently and knowledgeably present new products, highlighting their features and benefits.
- Build strong internal relationships with project management, quotes and sales team.
- Determine customer product needs while in the field and aligning those needs with existing products and new products under development
- Target and contact key Architects, Lighting designers, specifiers and develop positive relationships to secure specifications and sales
- Regularly report on key accomplishments and monitor key metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Maintain customer and prospect data including contacts, status on outstanding commitments, meeting notes, etc.
- Required – B.S. in Architecture, Engineering or Design
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Must demonstrate an exceptional understanding of various aspects of the architectural lighting industry
- Must have excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships.
- Excels in relationship building and management
- Outstanding oral, written and verbal communication/presentation skills, as well as strong negotiation skills and closing techniques
- Commuter benefits
- 2 weeks of vacation time, plus company holidays and personal/ sick days
- Reimbursed cell phone bill
- Salaried position with a competitive bonus structure based on performance
We welcome you to apply for the position if your experience matches the qualifications outlined and will reach out if we’d like to move you forward in the interview process.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to Gabriela@slsltg.com
SLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.