We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Location
This team is located in a recently renovated Innovation center in Decatur, GA, which houses state of the art design validation equipment, teams and facilities. The onsite café, game room, indoor/outdoor exercise facilities and four-day work week offer competitive work-life balance opportunities to achieve the collective business and personal goals.
About this Team
Do you enjoy collaboration across functions? Do you want to be involved in new product development as well as existing product improvement? This team partners with Design Engineering teams across the enterprise and works to improve production function, form, and cost. This exciting group is both diverse and innovative.
Lead Electronics Design Engineers are responsible for the foundation of our illumination Systems strategic vision, leading teams, innovative solution design, and product lifecycle management, which shape corporate and personal financial success. This specific role provides exposure to fundamentals of Acuity Engineering, Optics, Supply Chain, Finance, Product Management, and Product Marketing teams which support your career growth opportunities.
How you will contribute:
· Leading cross-functional teams in design of new product and improvement of existing product.
· Providing Quality Illumination Systems, which delight Acuity Customers by meeting expectations of targeted performance while achieving internal financial metrics.
· Significantly contributing to the overall ideation, architecture and design of Illumination Systems by integrating best in class LEDs, Controls and Electronics.
· Researching, Prototyping, and Creating lighting designs utilizing electronics, photometrics, reliability and regulatory solutions while managing project time lines.
· Developing product test plans to validate warranty, regulatory certification (UL/CSA), feature validation and interoperability which will achieve the Customer expectations.
· Supporting Lean Activities and seek continuous improvement of product and processes.
Qualified Applicants will have:
· Minimum, BS Degree in Engineering or Physics. Electronic Design focus preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in Designing Electronics, Lighting Industry experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated successful collaboration and leadership within a cross functional team and matrix management organization.
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (770) 922-9000.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.