To honor our commitment to leadership in cutting edge technology within our industry, WAC Lighting is building an exciting new team of IoT professionals to add to our global engineering team. As part of this endeavor, we are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer with IoT (Internet of Things) Systems experience. This exhilarating new position will be based out of our IoT Technology Center in Austin, Tx.
You will work in a cutting-edge startup environment backed by an international company developing different smart connected products for the commercial and high-end residential markets.
• Drive IoT product development from initial design and bring up to mass production
• Create low-cost and robust schematics for our connected systems using ZigBee/Mesh, Bluetooth, proprietary or Wi-Fi protocols.
• Create and maintain automated test systems and plans.
• Work with firmware engineers to develop, test and troubleshoot prototype designs
• Work with our factory to bring products into MP stage
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Embedded Hardware design.
• Experience developing cost-sensitive, high-volume consumer electronic products
• Experience working with offshore manufacturing partners
• Proficient with hardware design and layout tools such as OrCAD Capture, PADS PCB, Allegro PCB or Altium Designer
• Experience with 32 bit ARM microcontrollers and in-circuit debugging.
• Strong technical skills including schematic design, high speed signal propagation, power delivery, Ethernet, USB, thermal analysis, ESD, EMI …
• Strong knowledge of various networking and hardware communication protocols such as SPI, UART, I2C, JTAG
• Hardware prototyping and debugging experience with use of debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and serial protocol analyzers.
• Ability to write low level test software for HW validation highly desired
• Software code management tools such as GIT, Mercurial, etc.
• (RF) DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience
• Design for FCC and UL/ETL type approvals
• Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Excellent technical documentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
• Process-oriented and creative problem solver.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills. Mandarin is a plus.
• International and domestic travel as necessary.
Preferred skills (or what you’ll learn on the job)
• Analog hardware design and understanding of RF and antenna basics
• Experience with Wireless protocols including ZigBee/Mesh, Bluetooth, proprietary and Wi-Fi.
• Solid programming experience in C/C++, Assembly and Linux kernel and drivers.
• Experience interfacing embedded devices with cloud (AWS) environments
• Experience working with embedded Linux and RTOS systems.
• Experience with Home Automation product development
• Automated testing experience with embedded C firmware.
• Experience working with third party developers
Celebrating over 35 years of business and significant growth, WAC Lighting has developed a stellar reputation as an industry leader for technology forward, high quality decorative and architectural lighting luminaries. With award winning product, WAC’s architectural lighting segment has become a reliable source for cutting edge specification grade lighting for hospitality, commercial and retail applications.
Leading the industry’s sustainability charge, our firm has contributed to social progress with responsible manufacturing practices and the development of the latest in cutting edge energy saving technology. With combined focus on aesthetics and function, WAC sustainable lighting solutions integrate lumen efficiency, photometric performance and longevity, all while created in our clean, manufacturing campus. We are an entrepreneurial company offering excellent career and growth opportunities.