Wave Lighting is a manufacturer of LED lighting for commercial and residential applications. Located in St. Louis, Missouri, our innovative products and superior service are rapidly making us one of the leading companies in the industry. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.wavelighting.com.
The Senior Lighting Engineer responsibilities includes designing LED light engines, creating bill of materials, supervising production process and improvement. You will be directly involved in all new product designing and releases. Applicant will become a key member of a quickly expanding team and fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- To design lighting engines for use in commercial and residential products with understanding of IES lighting optics.
- Develop documentation to meet industry requirements, including photometrics, DLC approval, engineering requirements, and other activities as needed.
- Create Bills of Material and Production Routing steps for new products, consolidating information as provided by other members of the engineering team and sales team.
- Address product quality concerns through recognition and implementation of additional control points within existing production processes, including design of test jigs where necessary.
- Optimize production efficiency through time study and analysis of production line layouts, workflow, assembly methods.
- Lead activities for prototype and pre-production builds, including initial sample report. Supervise Job 1 and new product introductions.
- Contribute to engineering development schedules by documenting tasks and timeframes required for new products and processes at a granular, functional level.
- Day-to-day technical support for manufacturing line.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to facilitate improvements in productivity, safety, and quality.
- BS Engineering or related degree.
- Must have experience in LED manufacturing for lighting fixtures.
- Must have experience with AutoCad, AGI32 or equal, Solidworks and lighting simulation software.
- Must have knowledge of IES recommendations and tools.
- Knowledge of general manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Must be hands-on, with direct experience in support of production equipment and machinery.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, ability to complete project goals with minimal supervision with high attention to details and quality of work.
- Highly organized and accurate in communication.
- Strong time management skills with good planning and judgment, to accomplish goals within challenging deadlines.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, dental.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.