About Us: Brownlee Lighting, founded in 1977, is a specification grade lighting manufacturer headquartered in Orlando, Florida. Focused predominantly on decorative, high-performance LED luminaires, the company goes to market through independent lighting agencies and distributors across the country and internationally, serving a variety of markets such as multifamily, commercial, hospitality, healthcare, schools, and more. It’s an exciting time to be in the lighting industry and Brownlee Lighting is committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers, employees and community for years to come.
Summary: With growth comes the need for support. Brownlee Lighting is excited for the future addition of an experienced Senior Product Design Engineer, to lead in the development of new, innovative LED lighting fixtures. This individual will further the advancement of our brand and will work directly with our executive committee, owners, and engineering team. This position is located at our HQ in Orlando, FL. This individual will have a personal office steps away from our production floor. We do not offer a remote option for this position due to necessary collaboration with our manufacturing facility.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with related experience in lighting. Minimum 5 years’ experience specific to lighting product design (or similar).
- Complete understanding of LED technology and controls in interior and exterior fixture design.
- Advanced understanding of LED module design and driver compatibility, as well as sourcing.
- Complete understanding of metal fabrication, extrusions (aluminum and acrylic), metal spinning, castings, plastics forming/manufacturing, associated tooling, powder coating/painting, and other pertinent manufacturing methods/materials.
- Advanced proficiency in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD. Proficiency in Photoshop or related design rendering software is a plus.
- Knowledge of UL compliance, LM79/80 testing and analysis, Energy Star/DLC certification processes and other certifications.
- Being a self-starter with an excellent eye for designs that mesh with our brand is critical. Must be able to create and manage a product development timeline from concept to launch.
- Must have thorough knowledge of product suppliers in LED and driver componentry.
- Knowledge of 3D printing and related programming for 3D printing is a plus.
- Knowledge of AGi32 knowledge is a plus. Knowledge of Photopia or similar optical design software is a plus.
- New product design/development along with improvement to existing products. Assistance in the design/development of custom projects.
- Being a self-starter with an excellent eye for designs that mesh with our brand is critical. Keeping in close touch with lighting trends and styles, technological advancements, regulatory and market changes is critical.
- Creation of BOM’s, assembly documentation, installation instructions, and line drawings for new products.
- This position will be required to learn to operate our new, state of the art manufacturing software to create new part numbers, sub-assemblies, operations, etc. for new product introductions.
- Technical support to production, sales and marketing, customer service and purchasing.
- UL/CSA listings, LM79 testing/reports and other certification work. Thermal design and in house testing.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
Life at Brownlee: In addition to the items above, we look forward to employing a motivated and vibrant engineer that is as excited to be here as we are, and has the self-drive needed to further not only the Brownlee product line, but their personal goals as well. We are a family-owned and operated company with strong moral values and want nothing more than for our employees to live positive, enjoyable, successful lives both at work and at home with their loved ones. If you are looking for a long-term career without “big company” layoff risk, we are your match. Ask any of our manufacturers’ representatives about Brownlee Lighting – we can almost guarantee a positive response.
Thank you for your interest in this position! Please send resume to [email protected].