Role: The primary responsibilities of the Senior Quotations & Sales Specialist is a Territory & Team Leader as well as the maintenance and distribution of pricing in accordance with corporate pricing and profitability guidelines and expectations. This person controls all aspects of pre-sale job management, including but not limited to: job/price negotiation (quotations) with independent sales representatives, fielding pre-sale technical questions from representatives within a specified territory and project management from quote to post-sale support (limited). Due to the company’s stature as a top-tier, industry leading brand that generally does not compete primarily on price, a high degree of collaboration with the representative sales force is usually required in determining the optimal price that is balanced between the company’s profitability and the likelihood of securing the order. Knowledge of the lighting industry, INFOR and products are expected to be above that of a Quotations & Sales Specialist I.
This position has growth opportunity to become an Outside Quotation Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager within the Sales Department. To be determined by the needs of the business.
Main Job Duties:
- Issues project quotations to an international network of independent representatives (agents). When pricing below agent authority is required, the Sales Specialist negotiates and closes jobs directly with the agents. Negotiates discounted opportunities within established authority and involves RSM and/or management directly on all projects over $50k.
- Provides excellent service and is a point of contact for agents and outside customers based on a specified territory, including fielding technical questions from both parties. The Senior Sales Specialist is an expert in Pinnacle fixture standards and manufacturing processes.
- Manages large and complex projects (high volume, multiple releases, complicated requirements, etc…) with effective communication and documentation with Project Managers (Inside Sales) and other departments as required. Works closely (hand in hand) with RSM and agent to control and uphold customer expectations. Involves management as needed to reprioritize within manufacturing process.
- Manages the pre-sale Custom/Modification Request Form process for all non-standard products. Works closely with SE team to negotiate modification requirements, pricing and lead time.
- Provides detailed, accurate and timely information to Applications team members as needed.
- Travels to the top (4) of the top 25 reps (within their designated territory) per year. Each visit should consist of a targeted training and allow for at least (1) full day in the quotes department office as a Pinnacle resource to agent.
- Works closely and in tandem with the RSM for their territory, coordinating budgets, bids, project timelines, pre-sale technical support and project follow up.
- Monitors quotes and follows up on job opportunities directly with agents/RSM, aiding the quote’s person at the agent level as necessary to win the job.
- Provides feedback and advice on pricing based on territory activity to management and marketing.
- Develops and executes Agent Training as needed within territory, virtually or in-person.
- Participate in Pinnacle Agent Events including but not limited to: ski trips, baseball games & tradeshows.
- Point person for all Pinnacle specific product presentations, agent trips and agent centered events.
- Performs take-offs to acquire an accurate bill of material when necessary.
- Perform competitive fixture manufacturer crosses to Pinnacle product as requested.
- Participates in the rollout of price increases through various duties as required.
- Help administer and participate in a quotes specific Pinnacle trip (like a ski-trip) to build relationships with agent quotes counterparts and further increase share of discretionary business through relationship building.
- Maintains job standards and suggests continuous improvements to department processes and standards in accordance with departmental and company procedures.
- Team leader for specified territory within team structure. All quotes and final sell prices are the responsibility of the Senior Quotations and Sales Specialist II.
- Trains Level I Quotations & Sales Specialists, invests in professional development to maintain service levels for territory.
- Manages workflow management system (currently INFOR) for their Team based on feedback from the Project Manager.
- Performs duties (included but not limited to the above accountabilities) involved in the operation of company, brand and departmental programs, projects and activities characterized by a confidential nature and/or requiring the use of discretion, integrity, judgment, tact and knowledge of applicable operations personnel.
- College degree preferred. Five years of applicable experience in Customer Service/Inside Sales and/or Quotations may act in lieu of a college degree.
- Customer service aptitude, specially geared towards relationship building (customer facing, landline and electronic), project commitments and follow through.
- Experience with Lighting Agencies, Lighting Manufacturers or Specifiers (Architect, Engineer, Lighting Designer) highly preferred.
- Customer facing role – (3) Ski Trip Weekends, (1-2) Baseball Trips (local) and in-territory travel with RSM as well as the occasion tradeshow (if needed).
- Experience with quotations/pricing management software tools, including such ERP systems as INFOR, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, or People-Soft required.
- Experience in the lighting, electrical or construction industry highly preferred.
- Customer service aptitude, specially focused towards relationship building (customer facing, landline and electronic), project commitments, details, thoroughness and follow through.
- This position involves extensive interpersonal interface with agents and sales managers and requires a high degree of interpersonal skill and strategic decision making.
- Creativity and “out of the box” solution-based customer service welcomed and encouraged.
- Strong working knowledge of, experience with and proficiency in office computer systems and windows-based software (including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, personal information managers, presentation programs, Internet browsing and email) required.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and manage stress productively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, larger organization.
- Ability to make “important” decisions for the company/customer if management is not available.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Must have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, employer matched 401k and paid time off.
Interested candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.