Job Description: SMT Process Engineer
Reports to: Director of Operations
SMT Production Manager will be the person primarily responsible for H.E. Williams Inc. electronics assembly. This position will develop and execute operational procedures for the SMT lines that deliver quality, cost, efficiency, and safety results. In addition, the SMT Production Manager troubleshoots problems with production in his/her assigned area(s) and implements corrective actions as required.
- Evaluates, implements, and monitors processes and operating systems for the manufacture of surface mount and mixed technology electronic assemblies
- Responsible for establishing and evaluating Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) manufacturing processes
- Maintain manufacturing procedures for all PCBA manufacturing processes and provide recommendations and rationalizations for improvements
- Support prototypes, expedites and DFM recommendations
- Provide programming and technical support for the SMT process equipment used in PCBA manufacturing: marking, solder paste printing, solder paste inspection, pick and place, and thermal profile monitoring system
- Creates, edits, and maintain requisite documentation
- Ensure traceability of components and assemblies
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of SMT equipment
- Monitors and improves the efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes through observation and measurement as well as by collecting and interpreting data
- Works closely with Purchasing, Quality and Engineering for quality control of raw materials and components
- Assumes responsibility of safety/environmental compliance and performance of processes
- Participates in the process of evaluating and purchasing new equipment and/or upgrades to existing equipment
- Technical Degree (EE, ME, or Engineering Technology), certified Professional SMT designation a plus, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing setting demonstrating increased responsibility. SMT process preferred
- Working experience with lead free, no clean processes
- Ability to define requirements for equipment and process control
- Hands on experience with soldering and prototyping circuits
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job responsibility required by their Supervisor.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com.