BEGA North America is a world renowned manufacturer of architectural lighting solutions.
Illuminating What Matters:
A guiding light for elevating our thinking beyond day-to-day activity in a clear and memorable way, BEGA North America’s vision
intentionally possesses more than one meaning. Naturally, as an architectural lighting company, to illuminate a surface or an object makes
perfect sense. There’s a deeper meaning, however. To illuminate can also mean to make lucid or clear, or to shed light on an important
concept or idea. Whether it’s for our industry, our community, or our family, we want to matter to people who want to matter to us. And
most importantly, to illuminate can also mean to enlighten, as with knowledge. We invest heavily in our people, and believe this simple idea
is why they ultimately choose BEGA for a lifetime, because we’re focused on illuminating what matters to them.
Intended to articulate the organization’s culture, and used as a tool to govern behavior and shape critical decision making throughout the
enterprise, BEGA has established three core values.
1. Quality – We have an unwavering commitment to Quality above all… in our people, products, partners and processes.
2. Family – We are a diverse Family of passionate and self-driven individuals who act with integrity, fairness and respect, that hold one
another accountable to the highest standards, and collectively promote work-life balance.
3. Growth – We embrace perpetual Growth and development, continuous learning and constant improvement, enabling the brand, the
organization, and the individual to realize their full potential.
As a leader at BEGA North America, the Solutions Engineer is expected to embrace and embody BEGA’s core values each and every day.
Purpose of Position:
The Solutions Engineer is a degreed architectural engineer, lighting specialist, and creative problem solver who collaborates with clients to
understand their challenges and create solutions. Solutions Engineering works closely with our sales partners and the architectural design
community to understand their vision, and deliver renowned architectural lighting solutions around the world using BEGA’s portfolio of
interior and exterior products. Strategically placed at the intersection of architectural design, product engineering, sales, marketing, and
manufacturing, the Solutions Engineering team is foundational to BEGA’s strategic objective of delivering world class service across the
entire customer journey. Areas of specialization include applications engineering, installation and site integration, product modifications,
technical support, commissioning, post-sales, and trouble shooting.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Successful completion of a BS degree in architectural engineering, lighting, or similar field required.
• No professional experience in lighting or an adjacent construction industry is required.
• Candidates with professional training, industry certifications, or advanced degrees are preferred.
• Demonstrates awareness of the lighting industry and its channels to market.
• Experienced with lighting design software suites – Agi32, Dialux, Visual, or the equivalent.
• Proficient with 2D and 3D modeling software suites – AutoCAD, Revit, Solidworks, or the equivalent.
• Basic knowledge of electronics and their application within new construction practices.
• Must have the capacity to learn and navigate software programs and business systems quickly.
• Must have strong problem solving skills and an analytical approach to all tasks.
• Possesses a positive, professional attitude, and a willingness to be part of a team environment.
TARGETED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
• Managing Processes – Consistently focused on driving incremental improvement; adopting company policies; utilizing systems; adhering
to process; understanding methodologies; defining handoffs; measuring output; providing governance and guidance around process
• Conflict Management – Relating to peers on a personal level; cooperating; joint problem-solving; navigating internal organization battles;
establishing reputation for conflict resolution; managing partner organizations; avoiding conflict proactively.
• Decision Quality – Reacting when under time or other pressure; weighing conflicting goals and commitments and making decisions
based on core values; exhibiting wisdom in counsel; judging character; reading market place and internal company situations.
• Managerial Courage – Adapting in a management environment where autonomy is valued; making decisions; setting priorities without
intense oversight; volunteering; taking unpopular positions; addressing people problems; taking negative managerial action when necessary.
• Drive for Results – Pursuing goals; maintaining focus; seeking out quantitative comparisons; demonstrating results in a variety of
environments; relentless in the pursuit of key strategic goals; does not lose focus and is not easily distracted from core mission.
• Demonstrate a high standard of work ethic, professionalism, punctuality and reliability at all times.
• Challenge the process! Evaluate, promote, and support continuous improvement every day.
• Act with respect, integrity, ownership and accountability at all times… BEGA’s pillars of leadership.
• Ensure quality above all, always working towards the most knowledgeable & effective service team.
• Actively support of BEGA’s desire to deliver world class service across the entire customer journey.
And finally, BEGA has put forth a set of governing principles. If values govern behavior, principles govern consequences, and we’ve
established four principles to provide the entire organization with a set of hierarchical direction for decision making. First and foremost, as a
leader at BEGA, you are the Brand. Be proud of it and protect it. Second, People are BEGA’s most valuable asset. Our decisions should
always reflect this. Third, Safety is our first priority. Zero lost-time accidents is not a goal, it’s an expectation. And last but not least, we
strive for Excellence in everything we do!
• Minimal travel requirements in support of market engagement activities.
BEGA North America is located in the heart of the picturesque “American Riviera” just south of Santa Barbara. This setting offers endless
access to outdoor activities such as hiking, sailing, surfing, mountain biking, and the likes. We offer an attractive compensation package,
including health care, 401(k), vacation and personal pay, educational reimbursement program, on-site gym, jogging path, wellness
programs and a remarkable work environment.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org