This position is responsible for managing day-to-day quotations, customer service and office administration in support of the outside sales team. Position requires a solid lighting industry background and in-depth knowledge of the lighting quotation and bid process.
- Work with key distributors, electrical contractors and/or manufacturer representative in the process of generating bid packages and securing orders for both specified and discretionary job business
- Handle bid-package workload in an expeditious manner in order to meet required bid-date deadlines
- Develop relationships with key agencies to negotiate/structure joint bid-packages
- Administer and organize office systems commensurate with Leviton customer service standards
- Maintain positive working relations with customer service department
- Work with sales team on new job opportunities
- Generate weekly report of bid and order activity for the sales management
- Support Outside Sales and National Accounts by handling crossovers, lay-outs and take-offs
- Review and analyze plans, specifications and bills of material for preparing quotations for commercial projections
- Respond to all technical inquires via all media channels: e.g. telephone, email, chat, and/or web as directed by management
- Ensure the timely response to pre and post-sale caller questions of a technical nature; these questions may come from field sales, customer service, distributors, home owners, contractors, specifier, architects etc.
- Help to specify products, including answering questions concerning installation or use according to individual customer needs and communicating customer needs to other functions within the organization when needed
- College Degree
- 2-4 years’ in the lighting industry handling bids and negotiating orders or related experience preferred
- Computer literate, intermediate / advanced level with Microsoft Suite: Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional communication skills both oral and written
- Must be able to assimilate and maintain a sound technical and product knowledge of LMS systems
- Some visits to customer’s offices may be required
Click here to apply: https://careers.leviton.com/jobsearch/job-details/specialist-inside-sales/2740/
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.