SunLike Series LEDs are the World’s First LEDs to Produce Light that Closely Matches the Spectrum of Natural Sunlight
Seoul Semiconductor’s SunLike Series LEDs Deliver Natural Spectrum Light Sources for Lighting Designers
ANSAN, KOREA – Seoul Semiconductor, a leading global innovator of LED products and technology, has been expanding sales of its new SunLike Series LEDs, which produce light that closely matches the spectrum of natural sunlight, maximizing the advantage of natural light and minimizing the shortcomings of artificial light sources. Introduced in June 2017, the new SunLike Series natural spectrum LED technology was co-developed by Seoul Semiconductor and Toshiba Materials.
“The global lighting market has been focused on energy savings since before the advent of the LED. The SunLike Series natural spectrum LEDs offer a new vector of innovation, allowing natural color and texture rendition and potential health benefits,” explained Mark McClear, Seoul Semiconductor executive vice president for North America. “The quality of light achieved by the SunLike Series LEDs represents a revolution in LED lighting, opening a new era of natural spectrum, human centric lighting.”
Recently, several lighting manufacturers have adopted the SunLike Series natural spectrum LED technology for their luminaire designs, including:
- LED Luks, a specialty lighting manufacturer of architectural LED luminaires in Slovenia, has chosen SunLike Series LEDs for its Plain Spectra and Kyra Spectra pendant luminaires, for lighting that best presents the natural color and texture of objects.
- FLOS Architectural, a Spanish architectural designer lighting enterprise, adopted SunLike LEDs for three of its product groups: UT Spot, UT Pro (Tracking Power), and Light Supply, due to the SunLike LEDs’ impressive color reproducing capability and natural light spectrum technology.
- LTS Licht & Leuchten GmbH, a German manufacturer of high-quality luminaires for retail, hospitality, and office applications, has adopted the SunLike LEDs for selected luminaires, including their Jett 100 and CSA 60 spotlights, because their generated spectrum comes closer to sunlight than any other technology, which improves contrast to achieve an ideal color perception.
- Xiaomi’s Eco Chain company Yeelight, a leader in the intelligent lighting industry, has adopted SunLike Series LEDs as a light source for its Smart eye protection desk lamp that provides adjustable control of study hours, light colors and brightness control, delivering the most comfortable and relaxing lighting products to consumers with the safest and healthiest light source available.
- ESSENZIALED LED Lighting, a designer of custom LED lighting systems in Italy, has chosen SunLike Series LEDs for its Spottone and Mood Series luminaires because they deliver a superior color rendering index with a higher quality of light and visual comfort.
- FERROLIGHT Design, an exclusive premium lighting design studio based in the Netherlands, has selected SunLike Series LEDs for its handcrafted premium SUNSISTER suspended luminaires, designed to capture powerful, high quality warm light in a fixture of minimalist design that features independently dimmable upward and downward lighting.
- ALPHABET Lighting®, Division of LEDRAbrands® has announced the integration of SunLike LEDs into their NU SUN Downlight Series, which provide the full spectrum color rendering that make these lights ideal for applications in commercial offices, healthcare facilities, restaurants, as well as beauty and retail shops.
SunLike Series LEDs have also achieved the highest level of eye safety certification from the International Commission on Illumination as an RG-1 level light source with no photo-biological risks.
SunLike Series natural spectrum LEDs were co-developed through the combination of Seoul Semiconductor’s optical semiconductor technology and Toshiba Materials’ TRI-R technology to produce light that closely matches the spectrum of natural sunlight. TRI-R is a registered trademark of Toshiba Material Co., Ltd.
To learn more about the SunLike Series natural spectrum LEDs, please visit: https://www.seoulsemicon.com/en/technology/Sunlike/
About Seoul Semiconductor:
Seoul Semiconductor develops and commercializes light emitting diodes (LEDs) for automotive, general illumination, specialty lighting, and backlighting markets. As the fourth-largest LED manufacturer globally, Seoul Semiconductor holds more than 12,000 patents, offers a wide range of technologies, and mass produces innovative LED products such as SunLike – delivering the world’s best light quality in a next-generation LED enabling human-centric lighting optimized for circadian rhythms; WICOP – a simpler structured package-free LED which provides market leading color uniformity and cost savings at the fixture level, providing high lumen density and design flexibility; NanoDriver Series – the world’s smallest 24W DC LED drivers; Acrich, the world’s first high-voltage AC-driven LED technology developed in 2005, including all AC LED-related technologies from chip to module and circuit fabrication, as well as multi-junction technology (MJT); and nPola, a new LED product based on GaN-substrate technology that achieves more than ten times the output of conventional LEDs. UCD constitutes a high color gamut display which delivers more than 90% NTSC.
For more information about Seoul Semiconductor, please visit https://www.seoulsemicon.com
WICOP and Acrich are trademarks of Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd.