Lightsmith Inc, an NYC-based Lighting Distributor, is seeking talented individuals to join our rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, fun environment well suited to individuals that have self-motivation, an eye for detail and a collaborative personality. The ideal Take-off specialist will have experience in the Architectural, Electrical, Construction &/or Lighting Design Industry. This position requires the ability to read and understand Constructions plans, identify and count fixtures and create Excel Spreadsheets based on collected information in Excel format.
- Prepare takeoffs from Architectural & Electrical drawings
- Provide counts and documentation obtained from take-off onto Excel spreadsheet and provide to estimator while understanding specifications for pricing purposes.
- Prepare RFIs and provide to Estimator & Managing Director for submittal via email.
- Continually update take-offs and quantities based on revised and updated drawings as needed
- Coordinate with Estimators relevant project documentation so they can properly prepare estimates.
- File all information in paperless system.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as take-off specialist in the lighting, electrical or construction industry
- Must be able to read architectural and electrical plans
- Strong PC skills including Outlook & Excel
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Must maintain positive and friendly composure when dealing with Lightsmith team and customers both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, face paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate and uphold all the core values of Lightsmith, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
- Medical coverage offered
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Competitive salary and benefits package,
- Significant opportunity for growth.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
Interested candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume to the Managing Director
Heather Sherin – HSHERIN@LIGHTSMITHUSA.COM