VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING
LED Lighting for Horticulture Market (GREEN TECH)
Fluence Bioengineering, located in Austin, TX, manufactures the world’s leading LED lighting solutions for the global horticulture market. Our customers feed the world and improve the human condition, and we provide the innovative technology needed to yield the healthiest crops possible while focusing on conservation of energy and natural resources. We are currently searching for a dynamic Vice President of Marketing to join our senior management operating team. This is an EXCITING opportunity in one of the FASTEST growing industries worldwide. Our two target markets are cannabis and food production (greenhouse and urban farming).
Reporting to the CEO, you will take the marketing team to the NEXT LEVEL. This will include: developing product and market strategies that position the company to achieve long term growth while achieving annual revenue and profitability goals; continually identifying and assessing new markets, product and technology opportunities; and ensuring resources are in place to drive successful marketing strategies . Fluence is currently the #1 brand for LED lighting solutions in the cannabis industry, which is the fastest growing industry in the world. The VP of Marketing will ensure Fluence remains the #1 brand in our target markets.
- Provide leadership for the development of global strategic marketing plans including objectives and strategy for targeted markets: Initial focus is North America, but we are currently expanding into Europe. Expansion into Asia Pacific will be explored later in 2018.
- Oversee Product Managers for Cannabis and Food segments: Define product positioning, value propositions, and establish/manage an effective and clear product management and launch process in coordination with Sales and Engineering while managing science research team to discover new and novel approaches to product development and implementation.
- Work with our Brand Marketing team (social media strategy, PR, website content and ecommerce performance) to ensure Fluence is the #1 brand in our target markets.
- Monitor business metrics regarding revenues, profitability, market share and product portfolio mix. Communicate these metrics to the senior management team.
- Collaborate with Sales to define effective marketing campaigns for all products and establish effective relationships with the Sales team through leadership, training, pricing and product positioning expertise.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget.
- Provide coaching, leadership and assistance to the marketing team with resources and strategy development.
- MBA required.
- 10+ years marketing management experience in a technology driven company.
- Proven track record of the creation or considerable expansion and successful execution of a global marketing plan.
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration with Executive Team, Sales, Engineering, and Operations.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic, fast growing environment while being a hands-on leader within cross-functional team environments.
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with key customers, strategic partners and industry influencers.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Strategic, critical and creative thinker, strong business sense and excellent financial skills.
For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org