VP of Sales
MODA Light is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Vice President of Sales with a strong technical background to join its management team and support its continued growth. The VP of Sales is a strategic, creative, results-oriented leader, who generates business sales and profitability, and evaluates new lucrative business opportunities. This position leads, supports and accelerates the sales and growth of our existing core products, while also developing and expanding on market opportunities. The VP of Sales will be a strategic leader with tactical ability, and can mix strategy and execution to drive initiatives that will position MODA Light as a leader in the Lighting industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales budget for channels; projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products. Establish high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in planning, forecasting and budgeting.
• Lead a sales team on a daily basis and drive performance of the team to assure that sales targets are achieved.
• Manage key customer relationships and close strategic opportunities
• Develop and maintain suitable pipeline of potential opportunities in order to deliver on sales targets.
• Devises new and innovative ways to market products.
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
• Work closely with the marketing function and product management function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs.
• Coordinate demand planning and fulfillment of orders with production/manufacturing/distribution function.
• Define and oversee sales force compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate understanding of sales strategies and knowledge of the lighting industry
• Partner with senior leaders to develop short-term planning, sales forecasting, and strategic planning.
• Provide leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions. Develop and implement sales and marketing strategy. Monitor and analyze sales and marketing activity against goals.
• Proven experience building, mentoring, motivating and leading high performing teams and attracting and retaining top talents.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills which allow her/him to communicate sensibly to stakeholders inside and outside of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to think “out-of-the-box” in improving corporate performance by influencing colleagues and management to improve returns on specific projects and the business as a whole.
Education and Experience
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, marketing, or business administration, prefer a Master’s Degree in one of those areas. Must have 10+ years of experience in the sales and marketing sector of the lighting industry and must be able to demonstrate a successful track record as sales executive that have met or exceeded objectives including revenue goals. Prior private equity experience preferred. This position will be a member of the senior management team and answer to the Chief Operations Officer.
If interested please contact Brett Burn at firstname.lastname@example.org or see http://www.modalight.com/#/