Job Description: Lighting Application Engineer
Responsible for the assessment, design and development of remodel and retrofit projects for lighting and controls within the retail and C&I verticals. This role interacts with the sales team and the client during the discovery and audit phase in order to fully understand and implement client requirements as well as provide guidance. The Lighting Application Engineer will communicate with all parties involved on a consistent basis, make product recommendations, and produce accurate lighting designs, pricing estimates and assist with proposals and presentation. This position will also provide technical support to customers and internal departments as it relates to products and services proposed and implemented in the field. The Lighting Application Engineer will collaborate with technical and non-technical resources on designing with and developing expertise in new and emerging technologies. Coordinates internal guidelines/requirements and ensures external regulations and customer-specific requirements are addressed.
Illumetek is looking for individuals interested in helping a growing organization succeed in a highly competitive and evolving marketplace. The desire to facilitate change, lead growth initiatives, and develop new talent will be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical solutions support to the sales teams.
- Analyze and evaluate information gathered during the audit phase to understand the effectiveness of the customer’s current lighting control system.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to support Illumetek technology objectives.
- Provide technical design sales support including presentations at customer meetings, as required.
- Research new lighting and other energy savings technologies to implement new products into our design offerings.
- Provide ongoing technical lighting and controls solutions training to new and tenured Illumetek staff.
- Attend trade shows, supplier trainings and online training classes to advance knowledge of products and foster supplier relationships.
- Meet with fixture, control, and specialty product vendors during projects to leverage assistance with implementation of innovative technologies to increase project value.
- Design lighting alternatives that provide viable solutions for incorporating cost effective energy saving technologies that best satisfy the illumination requirements of the different environments within the customer facilities.
- Work with Rebate Analysts Team to determine available utility rebates and incorporates those rebates into cost payback analysis for the customer.
- Review proposals to ensure that calculated payback falls within customer’s parameters.
- Assimilates M&V data into the design, pricing and energy savings analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Relevant engineering and/or development experience.
- Knowledge of lighting, electrical, and controls.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Possess a strong aptitude for both independent work management as well as team/cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve one time and recurring problems.
- Ability to maintain a highly professional presence with all vendors, clients and fellow employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or engineering discipline.
For consideration, please send your resume to HR@illumetek.com