Job Description Dated: April 2022
Title: Territory Manager, Salt Lake City Region
Reports to: Sr. Director C & I Sales
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Territory Manager position is responsible for meeting sales objectives, by generating sales, initiating outbound calls to potential and existing customers with an assigned territory to uncover new opportunities and drive revenue
- Actively support the company’s culture and business mission by always putting TCP’s people and its customers first.
- Prioritize call activity to customers to uncover new opportunities to quote, convert existing quotes to orders, offer promotions, cross-sell and up sell additional products, answer technical questions and any other territory or company initiatives.
- Contact and secure new business as well as maintain and grow existing business through sales calls, Phone contacts, Job site visits, Distributor training, Trade Shows, etc.
- Achieve targeted sales growth for assigned territory at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to forecast and track all sales activity and territory communications, including won/lost opportunities.
- Utilize knowledge of market conditions such as competitors and pricing pressures.
- Research, define and initiate outreach to new customer prospects / sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails.
- Familiarize established accounts with new products, services, and developments (market penetration).
- Facilitate growth and development of existing customers by building solid relationships, promoting and providing education of TCP products.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Set customer specific pricing as defined in the bottom-up approach.
- Meet or exceed performance metrics for outbound calls, sales goals and customer support.
- Work with field sales on larger opportunities to ensure closure and post-sale satisfaction.
- Provide metrics of performance and reports to sales as needed.
- Assist in training of Salesnet, Edge and Saleforce.com, etc., as needed.
- Track and understand assigned distributors to work toward meeting established sales objectives.
- Engage in appropriate training opportunities relative to business and product knowledge and enhancements to maintain continuous education for self-development.
- Electrical and Lighting Experience
- Ability to travel 75% on a monthly basis.
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Professional verbal and written communication internally and externally.
- Willingness to be part of a team and work closely with other team members to meet or exceed individual and departmental sales goals and initiatives.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing workflow demands based on departmental daily workload.
- Multitasking, good problem solving and follow up skills and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Proficient level of computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (SKAs)
- Professional organization and presentation aptitude
- Decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking
- Ability to successfully meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales objectives
- Strong communication skills, strong persuasive skills
- Good understanding of the electrical distribution sub-channel, including its key participants
- Familiarity with local TCP representation (DSM or Rep Agency)
- Salesforce.com and JD Edwards is a plus
- Continuing education in product knowledge, applications and marketing promotions
- Able to work as part of a team, shares knowledge as needed and has the ability to work effectively together on the team to achieve regional/departmental/organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in the lighting field a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply at www.tcpi.com under Company tab