Location: Remote, anywhere in the US. Los Angeles, CA Metro Area preferred, but not required.
- $80K – $100K salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
Reports to Director of Decorative Lighting
Our client is a long-established and successful manufacturer of quality residential and commercial lighting products with 1,800+ SKU product portfolio and selling through multi-channels (home center, E Commerce, showroom, MRO and Electrical Distributors). Headquartered in Rancho Dominguez, California, our client currently has an immediate opening for a Product Manager, Decorative Lighting.
Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, and related experience within the lighting industry (strongly preferred), and able to work in a team environment. You must be self-motivated, and be able to work collaboratively with members of our design, engineering, marketing, sales, sales support, and operation teams, to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals.
- Develop products and analyze product designs to meet required price point for target customer channels, ensuring that feature, quality, and cost objectives are met.
- Collaborate with Engineering Department to define product specifications and ensure expected cost, performance and reliability is achieved.
- Manage the development cycle of new products ensuring requested product development time frame is met by working closely with related departments in the U.S. and China.
- Utilize CAD for product creation, improvement, and value engineering projects. Maintain and update complete documentation including part and assembly drawings, BOMS, instruction sheets, etc.
- Work with Engineering to ensure compliance with third party certifications such as UL, ETL, CSA, ENERGY STAR, Lighting Facts, etc.
- Review and approve prototypes and work with related departments to find alternate solutions when needed.
- Work in conjunction with QC Departments to resolve product quality concerns.
- Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Determine appropriate product pricing by utilizing market research data (e.g. online research, store walk); reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field of study, such as Engineering, Industrial Design, Business or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of product leadership track experience within the lighting industry strongly preferred; will consider other related home improvement products.
- must be able to read engineering drawings and schematics; familiarity with CAD preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-driven and able to work under general project direction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge or basic manufacturing and fabrication methods preferred, e.g. die casting, injection molding, extrusion, stamping, assembly, etc.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment; 10-15% travel (domestic/international) as required.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Please let us know if you are interested in applying for this position or can recommend qualified candidates. Kindly forward all inquires with the job title in the Subject Line to: [email protected] . Please include your resume as a Word.doc / docx or PDF attachment. This search is time-sensitive. Thanks in advance for your interest. No phone calls please.