Department: Engineering, Product Management
Reporting: Engineering Senior Manager
Location: New Jersey
As Mechanical Engineer at MaxLite you will work with a talented and highly innovative engineering team, evaluating, documenting, and designing products and improvements that allow MaxLite to remain at the forefront of energy efficient technologies in the lighting industry.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct product evaluation / testing (Thermal, photometric, electrical and rain) and ensure products meet UL/ETL safety, DLC and energy star requirements.
- New product design, make improvements, recommendations to existing lighting products with various light engines.
- Product lifetime calculation and evaluation
- Communicate with vendors in product evaluation and development cycle
- BOM creation, 3D modeling QC testing as needed
- Work with QC, marketing, sourcing, and the overseas branches to ensure that all projects meet performance, schedule and budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, manufacturing Engineering or related major required.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a Design Engineer in lighting industrial.
- Have multiple project experiences for led indoor and outdoor fixtures/luminaires.
- Proficient in 3D modeling such as ProE and/or Solidworks, AutoCAD etc.
- Familiar with tooling and metal/plastic process.
- Strong knowledge in UL and DLC are a plus.
- Must be motivated, responsible individual, able to work independently and a good team player.
- Must be well organized, have strong oral and written communications, a positive work ethic and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to work on multiple projects
- Basic electrical knowledge required
- Experience in Quality Control field a plus
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Growth opportunities
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision & pet insurance)
- Paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays)
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) w/ company match
Interested candidates can submit their resume to [email protected]
MaxLite has been committed to providing energy-efficient lighting products for more than 20 years. One of the first movers into LED technology in the industry, MaxLite offers an extensive line of state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor LED lamps and luminaires under the MaxLED® brand. A three-time recipient of the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award for its industry leadership, MaxLite continues to be at the forefront of energy-efficient technologies through the innovative research and development capabilities of its New Jersey, Indiana and California facilities. MaxLite is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment subject to passing a drug test.