This position is responsible for the sale of Electric Mirror’s products in the Eastern region. Provides ongoing support to the Hospitality channels. Must have extensive, high level Contract Hospitality experience.
Essential Job Functions
- 40% Assists Independent Reps with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- 40% Becomes actively involved in Independent and Commercial Rep sales orientation and sales training programs. Acts as a resource to resellers in contract opportunities, proposals and proformas. Assist Independent and Commercial Reps with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- 10% Assists with the planning of sales exhibits. Attends trade shows. Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs. Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- 10% keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers. Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining Independent Reps and assisting them in attaining new accounts.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time.
- Salary and Commission
- Position has flexible hours: Monday – Friday
This position requires up to 50% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Five plus years of sales experience with regional sales responsibilities.
- Hands-on knowledge of company’s needs and capabilities.
- Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Experience managing large territories and diverse product offerings.
- Coaching/mentoring experience with less senior sales staff.
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new design and technology trends, association needs and possible application to real world projects.
Electric Mirrors Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safety. If you are in a Leadership role at EM, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe working environment for your employees.
Alongside the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your teams and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of safety throughout the organization
- Implementing structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative, and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
- You will intervene when unsafe acts of situation are observed in any department at EM
- You are responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to [email protected]