The Regional Sales Manager-Solar is responsible for leading and directing the sales development in the assigned Hapco territory and reporting directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing. This individual must uphold the standards and expectations set forth by the Company and is responsible for assisting with the overall success of the Sales Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve sales goals, increase market share, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Manage agency, distributor, and specifier relationships by providing excellent customer service.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with all relevant parties, companies, institutions, and internal peers.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of sales opportunities which supports exceeding sales target.
- Confidentially and knowledgeably present new products, highlighting their features and benefits.
- Work with inside sales on customer needs and provide technical quotation support when needed.
- Attend product shows, locally sponsored events, and larger national trade shows.
- 50% travel is required for this position.
- Work with other Regional Managers to discover solar opportunities within their territories.
- Evaluate and report on competition within the territory.
- Develop and maintain a sales plan for region which meets or exceeds targets.
- Lead Account/Market plans to grow profitable business.
- Regularly visit all key solar target customers.
- Assist with representative and company personnel support and training with reference to sales.
- Assist with organizing technical documents.
- Organize and plan meetings.
- Create or assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Provide general support to department.
- Must be able to give and receive instructions; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, motivating, or speaking with others.
- Carry out departmental goals consistent with corporate strategic goals.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Comply with all company rules, safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to continually prioritize tasks to be completed as requires.
- Self-starter and multi-task oriented. Able to work independently, as-well-as with others, as needed.
- Work effectively to identify and resolve problems or issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position needs to bring that fact to their manager’s attention so they can provide further work performance or safety instructions, as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Skill sets must include business related computer literacy, analytical problem solving, excellent verbal and written communication, and multi-task-oriented skills.
- Previous sales management experience with proven growth results.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals in prior positions.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills.
- Dynamic team player who can think outside the box.
- Demonstrated history of key account sales and successful business development.
- Driven and committed to customer service and sales performance.
- Ability to produce results independently.
- Successful growth with sales agents and distributors.
- Sales experience in the 5G infrastructure sector is a plus.
- Sales experience in the Commercial and Industrial (C&I), Utility, Municipal or Department of Transportations (DOT) industry is a plus.
- Lighting Industry background is a plus.
- 1-3 years Solar industry experience is a plus.
- Sales experience in Aluminum or Steel pole products preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills with a solid ability to effectively present information.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree in business or sciences or pertinent equivalent. A minimum of (2) two to (5) five years sales or relevant experience.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively one-on-one or in group situations with customers, industry groups and co-workers; utilizing methods to include, but not limited to verbal conversations plus telephone and email communications.
Ability to apply common sense understanding while carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in various situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a combination of traveling for business plus a manufacturing and an office setting. IMPORTANT: Eye protection, hearing protection and steel toed shoes are required while present in designated areas of the manufacturing environment.
Interested candidates can send their resume to [email protected]