Job Position: Market Development Engineer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Lighting, Tresco
Tresco Lighting is looking for a Market Development Engineer to improve our product scope and assist in creating and executing new products and market strategies. The MDE will work closely with all departments to create product, technical data and sales resource action plans and strategies that will support and drive growth initiatives within the commercial lighting markets and channels.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Work with sales, customers, and marketing team to define and develop new lighting and related products.
- Review current product portfolio for technology improvements.
- Work with product development, sales, and marketing to define right-fit, customer specific, product requirements.
- Support procurement with product and vendor sourcing efforts, first product releases and forecasted usage.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, new product ideas and managing engineered changes.
- Schedule pilot run and assist production and production quality with new/existing products.
- Define and oversee Product Control Plan criteria.
- Facilitates new product launches by developing time integrated plans with sales, procurement, product development, marketing, and production.
- Evaluate defective product data and work with procurement to resolve vendor quality issues.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Design and maintain updated specification sheets.
- Develop and create a library of IES files and documentation.
- Collaborate with engineering and procurement to manage product life cycle (sales data, design changes, exit strategy, obsolescence).
SALES, PROCUREMENT AND MARKETING
- Establishing relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, other professionals and expanding networks.
- Recommend product pricing by utilizing market price research, material cost, production effort and anticipated volume.
- Champion product branding from concept to market.
- Evaluates sales service support to make recommendations for new positions/hires.
- Architect quotation process and tracking systems.
- Develop, implement, and manage lighting layout support services.
- Create training packages/seminars and CEU courses for sales.
- Assist with product knowledge, sales training, and customer presentation meetings.
- Assist in the initial onboarding, training, and supporting sales teams and agency network, including making customer sales calls and coordinating sales meeting activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering, preferred:
- Minimum of (10) years of commercial lighting product management, sales, and technical experience a must.
- Experience working with international suppliers a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills and presentation skills to illustrate the technical details clearly to the audience.
- Strong skills in problem solving and technical analysis.
- Proven project management skills.
- Communicate effectively across all departments and organizational levels.
- Ability to set and manage dynamic priorities according to business needs.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Self-starter, able to work with little direct supervision.
- Highly skilled in AGI and lighting computational software.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Skilled in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop
- Must be able to travel – domestic and some international
Reporting to this position
No direct reports
Subjected to lifting fifty (50) pounds, Repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, standing, and sitting, with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If interested, please provide resume by sending an email to [email protected]