Outside Sales Representative
Lighting Services/Vertical Markets is made up of several market segments including but not limited to, commercial & industrial, street lighting, sports lighting, industrial lighting, and design build contracting. The primary responsibilities in this role will be to establish relationships with both private and public sector specification influencers while marketing, promoting, and profitably selling lighting and lighting controls solutions to our wholesale distribution and electrical contractor customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with project managers, estimators, sales reps, and principals of the electrical distributor, electrical contractor, and manufacturer.
- The objective of this position is to have the maximum capture rate of the distributors’ and contractors’ project business while maintaining profitability.
- Coordinate between the electrical distributor, contractor, manufacturer, and SCI Quotations, Sales, and Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
- Formulate plans for following up on bids to generate orders.
- Responsible for arranging and filing supporting bid and order documents.
- This individual will be responsible to maintain and continue their education on new technologies as they are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
- Regular sales meetings.
Skills and Specifications
- This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product lines, LED and lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
- Possess the ability to present and effectively communicate in-group settings.
- Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and timelines to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, which will help this individual coordinate among different divisions.
- Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
- Existing relationships with city, park and rec, and municipality influencers and key decision makers preferred.
Education and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position will reside in Los Angeles or Orange County.
A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Business is required.
Compensation Plan and Benefits
SCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. The salary range is $75K-$100k annually, plus commission. SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing, bonus program, and our health insurance program, dental, and vision.
To Apply Please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]