DWM Holdings is looking for an experienced sales leader to join the organization as a Regional Sales Manager. The Regional Sales Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Sales & Product and is responsible for improving and maintaining the company’s manufacturer’s sales representative (MSR) network.
As one of the company’s primary mechanisms for realizing revenue targets, Regional Sales Managers are a critical part of the DWM team. The ideal candidate leverages data to develop sales strategies and make decisions, is comfortable with sales costing activities, and builds the strong relationships within our sales channels and on our factory floor that are necessary for success.
- Ensure revenue from within the assigned region hits or exceeds established targets at acceptable profit margins.
- Host live and virtual trainings with MSRs to: educate on best practices for working with DWM, leverage resources to self-serve critical information, and understand the value proposition of our products.
- Meet with MSR Management and Executives to set sales targets and review their organization’s ongoing performance.
- Develop/implement programs and strategies that facilitate the MSR exceeding sales goals.
- Monitor the sales performance of MSRs.
- Terminate or onboard MSRs as dictated by performance trends or business need.
- Track key metrics to maintain a current, data-based understanding of the region’s sales health.
- Provide Executive Leadership, the VP of Sales & Product, and interested colleagues with regular updates on regional and MSR sales trends.
- Work with the VP of Sales & Product to review sales data and establish sales forecasts at the regional and MSR levels.
- Function as a “Voice of Customer” within the organization — regularly communicating customer and MSR needs and concerns to the appropriate DWM team members.
- Coordinate internal resources and function as the MSR’s point of contact for quality issues and other customer concerns.
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience, with at least 3 years leading a sales team of direct employees or independent contractors.
- Experience with a go-to-market strategy utilizing MSRs and selling through distribution.
- An elevated level of interpersonal skills, including:the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations, and the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to clearly present complex ideas, including technical information, to a variety of audiences.
- Firm understanding of basic manufacturing process involved producing a light pole (Cutting, sawing, welding, powder coating, etc.).
- Proven experience with job costing and determining profit-margin levels for manufactured metal products.
- A history of leveraging data in establishing sales strategies, gauging funnel health, and making predictive decisions about sales performance.
- Must live within driving distance (<75 mi.) of a major airport with access to key markets throughout the region.
- A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel up to ~50%
About DWM Holdings
DWM Holdings comprises a suite of steel and aluminum lighting standard manufacturing companies — United Lighting Standards, General Structures, Inc., and Lyte Poles. Based in Warren, MI, the business is well positioned for growth and scale — and its leadership is heavily invested in finding the right team members to help take advantage of these opportunities.
Interested candidates should apply here https://dwmholdings.com/careers/.