Current has completed the acquisition of Hubbell® Incorporated’s commercial and industrial (C&I) lighting business, creating a premier end-to-end lighting solutions business. This brought together two iconic businesses with deep innovation heritage, strong brands and application expertise and allows Current to be strategically positioned to now focus all investments into lighting and controls solutions. We have an enhanced distribution footprint and digital tools to service customer needs more easily, quickly and efficiently, and strong new product pipelines and shared patented technologies to deliver added value to customers. Primary office locations are Cleveland, OH and Greenville, SC, with centers of expertise locations in Austin, TX, Rolling Meadows, IL and Quebec, Canada. Manufacturing operations reside in Hendersonville, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, Plympton, MA, Christiansburg, VA, Acuna, MX and Tijuana, MX.
The Controls Sales Engineer is responsible for implementing technical solutions for lighting controls products pre and post-sale. It is their job to influence smart building technologies with lighting and building management systems across multiple industries. They lead the Technical Team to cultivate new IoT solutions that will help businesses and enable channels. The Controls Sales Engineer will drive innovation in the industry and market adoption of the technology by creating technical solutions to large markets. This person will be heavily involved in the design, implementation, startup and commissioning, and ongoing service to all relevant channel partners such as Specifying Engineers, Contractors, Distributors, Controls Contractors, and Sales Agencies. The Controls Solution Engineer’s primary responsibilities are IoT sales strategies, solution development, new business models, new customer/channel development and channel enablement. They will also ensure technical market and customer awareness and enablement through effective product training to help sales teams and channel partners generate revenue.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Maintain key customer and prospective customer relationships and conduct strategic business planning sessions with leadership contacts to drive sales and growth improvements.
- Develop detailed design engineering drawings for integration into Building Automation and Control Systems.
- Produce BMS Submittal Packages, including panel drawings, network architecture (riser) drawings, control schematics and floorplans.
- Provide input to the sales staff, as requested or required, to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for lighting control systems.
- Provide Service Department support on upgrades and existing installations to continue meeting existing customer needs and to ensure and recommend efficient building operation.
- Work with the sales team in maximizing success in the market by utilizing competitor product analysis to improve value proposition to consumers.
- Collaborate with Product Management to create innovative solutions to lead the industry software lighting technology.
- Master new technologies and leverage leadership and project management experience to implement new innovative solutions to reduce energy through lighting technologies and improve occupant experience.
- Develop strategies to maximize profit margin of products for both company and customers through IoT strategies.
- Execute IoT solution sales strategy, explore, identify and develop solutions in focused verticals.
- Develop product presentations of technical features for C-suite teams.
- Become the expert and leader in implementing market introduction of new technology and product application knowledge.
- Identify and create solutions/resolutions to product ineffectiveness.
- Identify and develop strategies to infiltrate new markets, new channels, and new customer types.
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts up to the Executive levels.
- Drive the success of the sales team by providing technical support and value to maximize effectiveness of products within consumer projects.
- Be known as the IoT and Lighting Controls “expert” within the Region to build brand strength and market/customer comfort with support and product application.
- Educate all channels about the most efficient and effective way to budget and bid Lighting Controls.
- Lead roles and responsibilities strategies within channel and collaborate on win-win solutions between channels.
- Work well within a regional team environment and take direction from internal and external stakeholders to deliver world-class service levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Business Management, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience within the technology industry
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- Knowledge of LED building plans and programs
- Experience presenting and selling to C-suite
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Business Management, or Computer Science • 8 or more years of experience in the technology industry
- 5 or more years of project management experience •
- Knowledge of LED building plans and programs
- Lighting Certified
The position has a compensation package inclusive of base, bonus (if eligible), benefits, 401k contribution, time off, recognition awards and more. This salary range is $90,000-$120,000.
Benefits and Perks
All around competitive culture where together we strive to:
- Approach each day with a tenacious curiosity
- Communicate openly and honestly- internally and externally
- Work hard, take risks, fail fast…learn and move on
- Embrace diversity and welcome opposing thoughts
- Empower and develop each other
- We have an open and inclusive culture where you’ll learn and grow through programs and resources like:
- Quarterly company all employee meetings
- Management and Leadership development
- Initiatives and special projects with executive leadership exposure
- Access to top-notch learning courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth
Our more standard benefits
- Full-time exempt roles have a Permissive Time Off Policy, giving you flexibility to rest, relax and recharge away from work
- Paid Company Holidays
- A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with a fully vested immediate company match
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee allocations
Interested applicants can contact Tiffany at [email protected] or 440-856-9465.