The Lighting Designer is responsible for collaboration with the architect, interior designer, client and electrical engineer to create a complete lighting design complete with fixture selection and controls. Lighting design will primarily be limited to front of house spaces and building façade. This position involves attending design meetings, creating lighting designs for the clients, recommending and selecting fixtures, and preparing and presenting submittal packages to clients. Other responsibilities would involve working closely with the internal estimating, engineering and lighting distribution departments to present the client with the final product that is fully coordinated and is within the customers budget.
- Produce accurate, efficient, creative and coordinated lighting design utilizing internal and external sources.
- Conduct ongoing analyses of fixture packages to identify opportunities and provide suggestions for optimal product and pricing selections.
- Develop and mentor assistant lighting designers.
- Provide excellent customer service, attending client meetings during all phases of the project life cycle and assisting in the selection and approval process while remaining budget-conscience.
- Create and submit thorough fixture submittal packages based on customer specifications utilizing internal resources.
- Act as a liaison between the client/architect and engineering/estimating departments.
- At least 10 years of experience in architectural lighting design with concentration in front of house hospitality spaces. Able to provide an extensive portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of product lines, pricing of lighting fixtures and lamps, and lighting control systems required.
- Proficient with lighting calculations utilizing lighting modeling software (Visual Pro, AGI 32, etc.)
- Ability to work in AutoCAD/Revit is preferred but not required.
- Ability to demonstrate general design skills including sketching, visualization and graphic communication.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and computer illustration skills is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, fast paced work environment with very tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook required.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
Power Design has national health and dental plans, and we also offer life insurance and short and long term disability plans. You’ll receive paid vacations and holidays as well as national discount programs for everything from movie tickets to flowers, rental cars, phones and vehicles! We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan as well as incentive and recognition programs. Relocation opportunities may also be available!
Please send resumes to email@example.com