AEC (Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc.) in business since 1994 continues satisfying the energy efficient lighting design and installation requirements of the ESCO (Energy Service Company) Industry and the Commercial / Industrial markets. AEC sought to be recognized as an engineering-based company which sets new standards in progressive design and implementation of energy-efficient lighting equipment. With the continuously advancing LED and controls technology, AEC anticipates experiencing strong strategic business growth which demands that we hire a highly knowledgeable individual to move our designs to the next level of sophistication.
Please send resume and cover letter to MaryBeth Arms (email@example.com)
Our ESCO customer base is diverse in market focus and geography providing AEC design/build opportunities for governmental, institutional, educational, industrial, healthcare and military installations throughout the United States. Our projects can exceed over 5 Million square feet in size and can address all aspects of both interior and exterior lighting.
There is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced LIGHTING DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER that will bring a high level of technical knowledge to further elevate the company’s capabilities while managing and mentoring our in-house team of dedicated design professionals. This key management position within the engineering department will be responsible for researching and developing design solution recommendations to maximize the benefits of the latest in LED lighting and controls technology. This position requires a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, a high level of customer communication and the ability to stay up-to-date with the latest in lighting technology. This position reports directly to the President of AEC.
The right person for this position will possess:
– A passion for design and improving energy efficiency in buildings;
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Learning agility and desire to continuously seek new knowledge;
– Familiar with present commercial lighting technology;
– Proficiency with spreadsheets;
– Strong technical writing, including writing reports, papers, specifications and guides;
– Able to develop, understand and meet project objectives, scope, budget, and schedule resources;
– Well-developed presentation skills (one on one and group setting) and written communication;
– Team oriented; Proactive communication skills working with colleagues and clients;
– Able to lead and mentor other designers and technical personnel within the company;
– Able to communicate with facility personnel through C level executives and building owners;
– PE license required or able to obtain one;
– Experience with Visual, LitePro or AIG32 lighting design software and CAD required;
– Work experience and/or proven knowledge of the electrical engineering field required;
– Experience in design of electrical systems for commercial buildings required;
– 4-6+ years of progressive work experience in lighting design required;
– LC, CLEP, or CEM or other recognized industry related credential a plus;
– Experience working with ESCO’s (Energy Service Companies) and designing to a financial payback a plus;
This position requires routine travel, and the employee can reasonably expect 25% + travel time to meet the demands of the position. Due to travel requirements, a valid driver’s license is required for this position. Security clearance and other certifications are required.
Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc. corporate headquarters is based in beautiful Berks County, Pennsylvania. Our area of service continues to expand and grow to include almost every region of the United States. Atlantic Energy Concepts is owned by one of Pennsylvania’s largest electrical distributors.
At Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc., our axiom is, “Your success is our commitment.” that applies not only to our clients but to our staff as well. Since every member of our team is responsible for our organization’s success, we are committed to everyone’s personal growth and success. We seek individuals with passion, a desire for knowledge, the ability to contribute to the organization’s success and future growth. Due to the professional environment we work within a high degree of professional integrity and respect for our clients is required. This is our culture at AEC and if this sounds like a company that compliments your commitment, values and ethics, we assure you that we will provide the environment to help you achieve success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a matching 401K, healthcare/dental benefits, liberal paid time off as well as other company provided benefits commensurate with this management level position. Our offices offer a truly collaborative environment where you will be given the tools, knowledge and opportunity to pursue your career goals while being a valued member of a successful team. To learn more about our business, please view our website at www.atlanticenergyconcepts.com.