Location: Remote US
The Advanced Technology Support (ATS) professional is the acknowledged Senior Technical Professional supporting Anixter’s global technology initiatives as thought leaders and engineering experts in the Technology Solutions Support (TSS) group. With Technical Expertise being Anixter’s key differentiator, the ATS is Anixter’s definitive resource. The Anixter ATS is an industry respected Technologist with the ability to interpret and support technical solutions with a primary focus in Lighting and Controls Technologies. The ATS is the technical resource in the business with the ability to position Anixter first and build lasting credibility with our customers as the Trusted Advisor.
The ATS professional will be linked directly, as their discipline enables, to the Global VP Sales and their teams, VP of Sales, Regional Business Development Manager’s geography and be integrated into the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly activities. The ATS will support the leadership teams for Communications & Security Solutions (CSS), Electrical & Electronic Solutions (EES), Utility & Broadband (UBS) and Global National Security Integrator (GNSI) Security Sales.
The North American ATS role requires the technical and business competency to support the sales organization in growing and capturing high gain data center and complex multi-technology business opportunities. These competencies include; bill of material assembly, specification document creation, proposed solution drawings, activity prioritization, public speaking and vendor engagement. The role is 90% virtual with little travel reserved for site evaluation or sophisticated system review. The ATS member must be competent in Anixter focused technologies and reinforce company marketing efforts.
- Technical Liaison/End User Focus – Establish Anixter’s credibility with end user customers and deliver value throughout the sales cycle as the technical liaison. Position standards based technology solutions and education to the customer for Lighting and Controls technologies. Providing deliverables of BOM’s, design (Visio/CAD) and written specifications as needed, with consideration to encompass clear depiction of Anixter’s Value Message including our Supply Chain and Global solutions.
- Business Partner – Align with Global VP Sales and their teams, VP of Sales, Regional Business Development Manager’s as a technical resource within the respective territories to better execute sales strategies and initiatives. As a trusted technical manager, provide business leadership and technical guidance to Sales Reps through coaching, motivation and acknowledgement.
- Solutions Support Engagement – Utilize the Solutions Support as part of a holistic team strategy allowing the ATS to scale, by delegating core tasks of a project. This engagement results in improved turnaround time on customer deliverables and a higher product attachment rate to the overall solution. The ATS is the primary individual responsible coordinating task delegation, setting expectations and coordination of task completion in a timely manner.
- ATS Professional Development – Advanced technical training and continued education, gaining the knowledge to understand system architectures and position them in terms relevant to the customer. Achieve and maintain Industry recognized credentials relevant to their discipline, territory needs and customer requirements.
- Vendor Liaison/Technology Alliance Partner – Vendor liaison to our key TAP manufacturers at a regional or global level as needed. Identify opportunities to specify TAP vendor products in the market and maintain Anixter’s position as the trusted advisor.
- Public Speaking – Deliver technical presentations and execute hands-on training in client meetings, technical seminars, and industry trade shows to educate customers and partners on emerging technologies.
- Corporate Lab & Solutions Briefing Center Support – Identify and position customer visits in the Corporate Lab or associated regional SBCs as defined within the Lab visitation form. A familiarity with the operations of the Lab or SBC should be established in preparation to host the visit. Utilization of the Lab or SBC’s, is part of a tertiary holistic technical resource approach, encompassing Solutions Support, ATS and the LAB/SBC’s.
- Technical Experience – The ATS position requires 10 years of lighting and controls experience with a heavy emphasis on retrofit lighting. Familiarity with controls, utility rebates, and lighting calculation software is important. Fortune 100 client-facing interaction is preferred with experience presenting lighting design proposals.
- Sales Experience – the ATS is a customer facing position, either virtually or on-site. The ATS shall have a proven record of sales, strategic sales managements and presentation skills.
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]