Lightsmith Inc, an NYC-based Lighting Distributor, is seeking talented individuals to join our rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, fun environment well suited to individuals that have self-motivation, an eye for detail and a collaborative personality. The ideal Estimator will be talented, organized and have previous proven lighting experience within the Lighting and Construction Industries. Computer proficiency and strong practical knowledge of Outlook, Office, Word, Excel and Adobe Pro is required. Oasis and Auto-Cad is preferred but not necessary.
- Prepare takeoffs from Architectural & Electrical drawings
- Enter documentation obtained from take-off into quotes system while understanding specifications for pricing purposes.
- Prepare and send RFQs & RFIs as required
- Continually update existing quotes with new quantities and or prices as needed
- Complete estimate and submit internal bid for review
- Able to prepare Value Engineered alternate packages
- Coordinate with Project Managers relevant project documentation so they can properly prepare submittal packages.
- File all information in paperless system.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an estimator in the lighting, electrical or construction industry
- Must be able to read architectural/electrical plans
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Must maintain positive and friendly composure when dealing with customers both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume, face paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate and uphold all the core values of Lightsmith, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Pro
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad & Oasis Sales Software is a plus
- Medical coverage offered
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Competitive salary and benefits package,
- Significant opportunity for growth.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
Interested candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume to the Managing Director
Heather Sherin – HSHERIN@LIGHTSMITHUSA.COM