ABOUT FC Lighting | SSL Lighting:
FC Lighting | SSL Lighting is a leading manufacturer of architectural exterior and interior commercial LED lighting based in the Western suburbs of Chicago, is looking for a talented Sales Person.
We manufacture architectural LED lighting for high-end aesthetics with an incomparable value for quality solutions. We continue to accelerate our growth in architectural and other new lighting market segments. Our product line includes: Colourline, Linear Cove Lighting, Bollards, Pole Lighting, Step Lighting, Cylinders, Ingrounds, Pendants, Exterior Décor, and Directional Wall lighting for exterior and interior applications. Including: Hazardous, Cleanroom, Medical, Transit, Marine and Wet Location environments.
We pride ourselves on being a nimble and skilled US manufacturer of architectural lighting who provides superior solutions for our customers. Our in-house photometric lab is NVLAP accredited with full complement of equipment. We are also a Level 3 ETL test facility, as well as IP dust, wet test, environmental, salt spray, and vibration/G force testing.
Position: Lighting Product Design Engineer
Reports To: Director of Engineering and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Position Supervised: None
Meet or exceed territory sales goals by achieving operational objectives and contributing sales support, information and recommendations to meet the assigned regions strategic plan.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Simultaneously manage multiple design and development projects involving new products from concept to production.
- Work closely with all internal and external resources to define the design specifications, complete project details, and obtain needed components.
- Use SolidWorks CAD software for mechanical design.
- Follow product design practices and manage projects to completion.
- Provide production support of commercial lighting products.
- Working with compliance staff, achieve UL / ETL approval of product designs.
- Make mechanical and electrical design improvements to existing product designs.
- Lead, plan, and assist in mechanical, electrical, thermal, and optical validation testing.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Pride in your Work
- Team Player
- Can-Do Attitude
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering (BSME) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Lighting product engineering
- Thorough understanding of SolidWorks CAD software including sheet metal, die cast, and injection molded part development.
- Understanding of electrical design parameters related to light fixture design (Lumen output, LED, driver, dimming, etc.)
- Optical design and design software experience a plus
- Understanding of the UL approval process and design requirements.
- Understanding of thermodynamics and thermal test methods.
- Understanding of the sheet metal fabrication process, including laser cutting, bending, finishing, welding, etc.
- Understanding of molded and die cast parts design.
- Experience in coordinating with purchasing and vendors to obtain components necessary to create cost effective products
- Experience with LEAN design principles and capacity to rationalize costs of products designed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to perform root cause failure analysis.
- Lighting, electronics, or building industry experience preferred.
- A self-starter who demonstrates a can-do attitude, takes pride in his/her work, and possesses a continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrates a high level of teamwork in working within an Engineering group as well as across all business units in a fast growing manufacturing company.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com