SPI Lighting is a leading provider of commercial grade luminaires. We’re located in Mequon, Wisconsin where all of our products are proudly manufactured. Known for high-output indirect lighting, natatorium-rated lighting, and high-performance architectural luminaires, SPI is committed to integrating the latest in LED technology into sleek, modern, designs for the most discerning projects. SPI is well-established and known for being a quality manufacturer that the professional community can depend on.
SPI is looking for one or two Mechanical Drafters/Designers to complete our team. The primary function of this role is to coordinate directly with engineering, fabrication, and assembly while developing designs that meet manufacturing requirements and customer needs.
• Work closely with New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering managers to ensure design specifications are met
• Use Inventor software to create detailed designs, models, and drawings as needed based on the scope of the project
• Coordinate and work closely with other engineers and departments during the design process to ensure successful implementation within the company
• BOM execution, including assembly and installation instructions for each fixture
• Proficiency in 3D CAD software to produce detailed models and assembly drawings. Inventor experience is preferred, but not required
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
• Knowledge of lighting and lighting fixture design is a bonus
• Knowledge of BOM, product design, assemblies, and various manufacturing processes desired
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling position with a respected organization that will reward you for your efforts, then this is the position for you. All applications will be reviewed on a confidential basis and should be e-mailed to email@example.com.