The focus of this position is the management and development of American Lighting’s specification division, PRIZM Lighting. The National Sales Manager will develop and manage PRIZM’s Sales Representative network, while expanding its marketing programs to increase revenue in this channel. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the Commercial Lighting markets, and a thorough understanding of the lighting products sold in this channel.
This position will be responsible for driving revenue through business planning and customer development, and will also require close collaboration with marketing and product development. In addition, the National Sales Manager will work closely with management to help continue the company’s long-standing tradition of delivering innovative lighting designs to the marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet or exceed the sales objectives and quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the Specification channel.
• Personnel management of the independent sales representatives in the Specification channel, including hiring of new personnel and performance management of existing representatives
• Gain an in-depth understanding of competitive product lines to sell products that will meet the customers expectations
• Educate and train Lighting Designers, Architects, Engineers and Sales Representatives on the correct application of PRIZM Lighting products and services
• Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
• Represent PRIZM Lighting at tradeshows and events as assigned
• Conduct field visits/joint sales calls with sales representatives to train, educate and evaluate performance
• Monitor and inform management of competitive strategies, tactics and threats.
• Prospecting of new clients by making phone contacts, scheduling appointments and making presentations to decision-makers.
• Provide regular and timely feedback to management on a variety of topics related to market feedback, sales targets, sales performance, sales growth, sales management and sales representative performance
• Developments of budgets and sales forecasting
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
• 5+ years of lighting Sales Management experience, either as a Regional Sales Manager or National Sales Manager
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, master’s degree a plus
• Experience giving stand-up presentations to large groups of professionals
• Solid strategic planning and execution skills
• Self-directed and highly motivated
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
About PRIZM Lighting, a Division of American Lighting, Inc.
Founded in 1989, American Lighting is committed to creating high-quality, well-designed and energy-efficient LED lighting.
PRIZM Lighting stands at the forefront of innovation by transforming environments with LED Lighting technology. Engineering vision into innovative lighting solutions while using lighting to entertain, inspire and make the world a more enjoyable place to live.
Our goal at PRIZM is to fulfill industry needs of lighting design professionals and architects from inception to project completion. Through residential to retail, or entertainment to hospitality, providing creative and impactful lighting solutions has never been so easy.
All Resumes should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org