Reports To: VP Sales
Department: Outside Sales
The primary responsibility of the Regional Sales Manager is to meet or exceed sales to budget for the region by
developing and maintaining agency, key specifier, end-user relationships; and be the primary contact for the brand
within the territory. This is accomplished through the effective management and execution of the regional plan and
growing Pinnacle profitability, mind-share, and discretionary business within the rep network.
The role involves the ability to lead and direct the inside sales in a manner that results in timely and responsive customer
service to the agent base, and ability to communicate across all levels and departments within the organization. The
RSM is also expected to act as project leader accountable for execution of company sales initiatives as developed & set
forth by the VP Sales.
As the company continues to set aggressive growth goals, the individual should possess passion to succeed and be the
best in the industry, a very high level of self-discipline, motivation, and integrity. A working knowledge of the lighting
sales representative network and electrical industry is preferred. The successful candidate will possess the ability to
negotiate and navigate the complexities across sales channels, and experience with and understanding of specification
grade architectural lighting
Candidate must live in the Northeast region of the United States, New York City is preferred.
Field Sales Management
• Implement sales strategy and achieve sales goals for the region by forecasting requirements, preparing annual
budget, planning most effective use of time in the region, and managing expenditures
• Continually monitor market and build annual strategic market penetration plan by agent by product outlining
clear objectives for growth targets
• Motivate, train and manage agents to achieve the territory’s stated objectives, including implementation of
selling initiatives, joint customer visits and the coordination of replacement for underperformers
• Work closely with various specifiers and agents to promote and secure Pinnacle specifications and orders
• Act as liaison between customers and company
• Maintain sense of urgency while responding promptly to all complaints from customer and follow up internally
to ensure accountability & problem resolution
• Initiate corrective actions as necessary to address trends of non-compliance in product line
• Be visible and accessible as sales leader; mentor to rest of sales organization; maintain high morale in the
department and positive attitude on daily basis
• Comply with Corporate goals, objectives and policies
Regional Sales Manager-Northeast Region
3801 Havana St. Denver, CO 80239 pinnacle-ltg.com
Strategic / Planning
• Conduct quarterly reviews of regions with upper management to address current performance to goal, and
discuss/review rep changes, concerns, objections, and opportunities
• Provide consistent product and market trends, and collateral input to engineering, new product development,
and marketing as requested
• Develop collaborative relationships with other Sales, Operations, Engineering, and Marketing personnel to more
effectively increase and sustain sales growth, increase customer satisfaction and quickly resolve issues
• Represent Pinnacle at trade meetings, organizations, shows, and agent or company events as required
throughout the year
• Stay up to date on industry trends by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communications skills required
• Submit timely call reports to provide market intelligence, concerns, trends, and new opportunities to sales
• Ability to rely on experience to make profitable decisions in the field
• Experience in the lighting, electrical, or construction industry highly preferred.
• College degree preferred. Five years of applicable experience in sales may act in lieu of a college degree.
• Technical Sales experience preferred.
• Must be a very detail oriented individual
• Must be well organized
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interface and team with
personnel at all levels
• Knowledge of Pinnacle Architectural Lighting products and markets a plus but not required.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle administrative details and routine day-to-day issues independently, without
• Considerable tact, discretion and integrity to effectively interface with personnel at all levels internally and
externally, including the ability to handle information of a highly confidential and/or sensitive nature
Must have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, tuition
reimbursement program, employee matched 401k and paid time off.
Full Time, Exempt, Salary position
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org