The Product Manager will be responsible for the product management function and will develop expertise in all operational and marketing aspects of the product. This manager will also have lead activities like sales technical support, commercial support, assisting with forecasting, sales reports and quoting processes. This is a key leadership role within the organization.
Role Level: Dependent upon experience
Compensation: Dependent upon role level
Location: Cincinnati / Blue Ash, OH
Product Responsibility: Indoor or Outdoor LED Lighting
Product Manager Role Scope
• P&L management for a series of product lines (price, cost, variances, etc.).
New Product Development
• Key leader to drive and action NPD’s
• Manage product line portfolio roadmaps
• Creation of a prioritized strategic technology development plan for the business.
• Identification and evaluation of organic growth strategies by product line.
• Use of VOC (Voice of Customer) tools to understand customers’ technology needs, strategic direction and how tailor a solution to meet those needs
• Develop forward looking product plans that enable profitable growth into the future.
• Portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth plans by market and product segment.
• Fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and new product developments.
• Knowledge and analysis of competitors and competitor products to support sales and product development
• Align functional plans with the strategic plan. Lead integrated cross-functional teams to execute plan to drive outstanding financial results.
• Work with Operations and Finance to ensure that the product lines meet revenue & profitability targets.
• Understand applications of product technologies to address specific customer needs
• Represent company at tradeshows and other events for business products
• Fully support the launch of products and product improvements
• Provide general and technical input to Commercial Marketing when required
• Provide leadership on product related problems
Customer / Sales
• Ability to effectively interact with the sales organization to bolster knowledge of the product lines and strategies to increase revenues and high value customer engagements
• Presentations on product lines to internal audience (i.e. sales) as well as to end customers and channel partners
• Work the sales to develop and close opportunities with key customers
• Provide technical and sales support, including training, to local sales representatives around the relevant markets and other product lines as required.
Internal Business Requirements
• Prepare the product demand forecast based on the market forecast and for meeting market share objectives and in support of the S&OP process.
• Communicate with management and internal support staff and keep them informed of all market developments
• Support Operations with systemic product issues related to quality, supply or design.
• Presentations on product lines to internal audience (i.e. sales) as well as to customers
Skills & Experience
• 5-10 years of product marketing experience
• 4-year degree required, MBA preferred
• Lighting industry experience preferred
• Distribution experience preferred
• Self-Starter with the ability to identify the need to change and make the change happen
• Track record of leading and delivering sustainable, measurable improvements
• Analytical mindset geared towards overcoming barriers and reaching future potential customers
• Strategic influence and communication with external and internal groups
• Ability to act as a team leader and be a catalyst of change
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated with a hands-on attitude
• Customer Orientated
• Financial Aptitude
• Team Oriented
• Driven by results
• Domestic and International travel is required, targeted less than 25%
Send resume in confidence to: email@example.com