Pathway Lighting Products, Inc. – Old Saybrook, CT
To learn more about Pathway Lighting please visit http://www.pathwaylighting.com/
Pathway Lighting an innovative designer and manufacturer of specification-grade LED Luminaires including, recessed downlights, wall washers, adjustable accents, decorative pendants, cylinders, emergency and exit fixtures, for the commercial and institutional markets in North America. We are seeking an experienced Southern Regional Sales Manager.
Pathway Lighting is an equal opportunity employer. The Southern Regional Sales Manager position pays a competitive salary plus quarterly sales bonus. Send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com along with your salary requirements.
Job Description: as a Southern Regional Sales Manager you will develop and manage account relationships as part of a professional regional sales team. This position will focus on maintaining existing business and also growing and developing new business in the assigned sales territory through an independent manufacturer’s representative network. The successful candidate will possess an understanding of the specification sales cycle. A strong background in LED lighting technology and good communication skills will be helpful in dealing with the specification community, which includes; Lighting Design Firms, Consulting Engineers and Architects.
- Working with Independent Lighting Reps to develop sales plans and goals.
- Motivate and support sales reps to implement plans and attain goals.
- Provides product and program training to manufacturers’ reps, specifiers, electrical engineers and designers.
- Periodic field visits to the agent’s territory to make joint calls and provide sales/marketing support.
- Assist in providing field service and product application support.
- Responsible for representing the company at national and regional trade shows.
- Stays current on new products, programs and policies.
- Communicates to agents about new products and programs, ensuring a clear understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Informs sales manager of travel scheduling and issues relative to assigned agencies.
- Assists in activities handled by inside sales/quotations department, when needed.
- Provides market intelligence to engineering to guide product development and planning.
- Provide intelligence to management regarding competitive activity and trends within the industry and assigned territory.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field and 5+years equivalent experience required.
- Understanding of LED lighting fixture and control technology.
- Experience in developing, organizing and implementing sales strategies through independent reps.
- Track record of success in the Lighting Industry sales channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office program proficiency.
Must live in Southern Region, preferably the Atlanta Area, for consideration.