Inter-lux is a leader in the architectural lighting industry, recognized for quality product and service. We design and manufacture the Whitegoods brand in our Maryland headquarters, as well as distribute high design, high quality products from our European partners; Linea Light, Sattler, ALM and Stoane Lighting throughout North America through our sales network of independent agencies.
Title: Sales Market Manager
Reports to: VP Sales
Type of position: Full time
Travel requirements: Required
Provisional period: 90 days
Job Summary: The candidate will be responsible for the direct management and sales growth of the assigned market. He or she will develop, and implement, sales strategies as well as supervise and support outside independent sales representatives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Achieve the commonly set sales goals, continue to build customer loyalty, increase the Inter-lux brands visibility and market share over time.
- Manage the agency network assigned to the market, providing constant product training (in-person and virtual) and customer support.
- Develop a Sales strategy aimed to achieve and surpass the assigned target.
- Proactively schedule calls with customers and manage follow-up activities.
- Generate and maintain key specifier relationships with both Architects and Lighting Designers
- Partner with rep agencies on closing strategies for large projects
- Responsible for planning sample requests and shipments to customers and agents ahead of calls.
- Bi-weekly activity reports to provide constant feedback to the Company and give visibility on market trends.
- Provide any other Sales report the Company will require from time to time and in preparation for Sales Meetings.
- Covid protocols allowing, and as soon as safe to do so, the position will require a minimum 50% travel.
- Attend trade Shows and organize local events.
- Able to manage the assigned territory as its own profit center, constantly looking for ways to stay in front of customers and agents in a productive and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned. The job of Market Manager is very active and might require the candidate to be assigned other tasks not listed in the job description from time to time. The goal is ultimately to provide the best customer service and in turn increase sales, achieving and surpassing the Company goals.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position within the lighting industry is required.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- Ability to manage him/herself and pursue their own goals with minimal to no supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to discuss technical matters in front of customers. Must communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must be able to interact with various Company departments in the most effective way and coordinate customer service efforts to maximize results in assigned market.
- Showing physical samples to sales agencies and customers is a required function of this role; candidate will have the ability to carry, show and ship samples of our lighting fixtures on a regular basis.
- Basic software knowledge required (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Office, Word, PPT, etc.) and the ability to quickly learn foundation of Company used CRM for basic sales data entry/requests.
- Proven history of successful customer management and sales growth in previous roles.
- Exudes an overall pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Strong organization and time management skills are necessary
- Ability to work in a face paced environment and adapt to change
- Work within a team atmosphere
To apply: Please send your resume to [email protected]