Job Title: Customer Service Account Management
Department: Agency Services
Location: Oakland, CA
Open to remote based on experience & qualifications; would require travel to ALW’s Oakland, CA headquarters (at the company’s expense) as necessary (expected to be 2-4 times per year).
Hours: Full-Time, M-F
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications; market competitive.
Benefits: Group health plan (including dental & vision), 401(k), and paid vacation & sick time.
ALW Brand Video
ALW’s mission is to Illuminate the Soul with a broad range of linear and decorative luminaires, tailored to virtually any space. We take pride in our products, and we value creativity and innovation in all aspects of our organization. We are looking for someone who wants to join a team that’s hungry for innovation, never settling for the status quo. This is a position with the amazing potential to grow within the organization, and gain skills and experience in a company unlike any other.
Our Four Core Values are shared across the entire company, collectively driving the way Team ALW approaches each day, regardless of role or department. WE are passionate about:
- Customer Commitment: Being as easy to do business with, as agent-friendly, and as highly responsive to our external and internal customers as we can be;
- Innovative Spirit: Creating exciting new products, offering custom solutions, continuously improving our processes, and always being flexible and solutions-driven;
- Teamwork: Our dedication to our teammates, both internal and external, being respectful, helpful, and flexible, while never forgetting to have fun and celebrate;
- Ownership: Our individual and collective accountability, basing our actions on integrity, trust and expertise to follow through on all
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Account Servicing: Cover and service a designated set of lighting agency partners (agents) that represent ALW’s product lines in specific territories and/or
- Customer Support: Act as the initial and most frequent customer point of contact, fielding a broad range of inquiries via phone, email or internal ALW systems.
- Outside Sales Support: Assist and support the ALW’s regional sales managers (RSMs) for each agent in order to collectively provide exceptional levels of account management, project management and customer service.
- Product Expertise: Develop and continually progress a broad knowledge of ALW’s product lines and capabilities in order to effectively and efficiently respond to product- related customer inquiries.
- Process Expertise: Become an expert on internal processes, systems and procedures related to pre-sales, order management and administrative tasks; actively look for and voice ideas on process improvement opportunities.
- Salesforce System Administration: Work extensively in ALW’s Salesforce Quotation & Order Management system to record, maintain and update all project-related information throughout the project lifecycle – from request for quotation (RFQ) through order production and delivery.
- Pre-Sales Standard Quotations: Act as the ALW owner of Standard and/or standard- modification projects with assigned agents throughout the entirety of the project lifecycle, from RFQ up to the point of order release.
- Serve as the primary customer point of contact, managing all pre-sales
- Respond to pre-sales questions, advising agents/customers on optimal products based on their specification and/or pricing
- Configure, price and quote an itemized bill of materials (BOM) using
- Process new quotes, quote revisions and hold-for-release (HFR) orders – ensuring proper documentation and readiness at the time of order release.
- Request drawings from ALW’s drafting engineers through Salesforce
- Order Management: Monitor and own all aspects of all orders received by your assigned agents after a Purchase Order has been received and
- Update order information in ALW’s Salesforce
- Respond to all order-related inquiries from agents/customers.
- Proactively monitor status and communicate updates to agents accordingly.
- Work with production to communicate, assess and process all
- Scheduling, delivery dates, shipping methods, changes, holds and
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure relevant parties are consulted, advised, and in sync on changes to and/or status of
- Production, Engineering, Sales and the customer/agent.
- Contacting freight carriers to resolve shipping issues or questions.
Your Primary Objectives Will Be To:
- Meet/exceed company and department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with counterparts at your
- Deliver and maintain superior response
- Achieve best-in-class customer satisfaction scores from your
- Achieve the highest levels of conversion rates (turning quotes into orders).
- Contribute to the achievement of company sales and profitability
Your Strengths Include:
- A positive, can-do
- Customer service
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building
- Creative problem-solving.
- Punctuality and
- Excellent organization, time management and workload prioritization – ability to manage high volumes in order to meet strict
- Clear, effective and professional written/verbal communication
- Systems knowledge and technology
- Attention to
- Ability and willingness to
- Knowledge of Terms & Conditions of sale and pricing
Your Experience & Qualifications Include:
- At least 2+ years of Lighting Industry experience.
- Previous experience in either customer service, inside sales or account
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM/ERP Salesforce experience is a plus.
You Will Succeed If You:
- Believe in and demonstrate ALW’s Core Values in all your
- Work closely, effectively and frequently with your intra/inter-department
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude with customers and teammates
- Are a team player, providing support and assistance whether or not specifically
- Don’t shy away from picking up the phone to ask questions or provide answers.
- Invest in becoming an expert on ALW’s product offering, capabilities and
- Are self-sufficient and willing to dig for an answer before asking for
- Proactively identify, evaluate and propose solutions to questions or
- Challenge yourself to build strong customer
- Always have fun and have a drive to succeed!