Location: Chicago, IL
New Star Lighting, a division of 555 International, is an industry leading, privately owned light manufacturer. Our innovative luminaires are designed, engineered, manufactured, and assembled within our Chicago facility. For over 30 years, we have been producing our high-quality products with the best materials and latest technology available. We specialize in custom, made to order products that can be delivered quickly to our customers with the help from our experienced staff and advanced manufacturing equipment. New Star Lighting continues to adapt to the ever-changing market trends and provides innovative lighting solutions to the correctional, healthcare, cleanroom, transportation, commercial, and high abuse environments.
As a result of our successful growth, New Star Lighting is seeking a product engineer to join our expanding engineering team. The primary function of this role will be creating and processing accurate designs and drawings to effectively communicate job requirements for existing orders on time, assist fellow team members, and provide support to other departments.
Design and/or modify products for orders per customer requirements, including but not limited to: 3D design, thorough part detailing, provide product assistance to team members, and create product documentation.
- Design and/or modify products for orders per customer requirements to UL standards
- Bill of Material and wiring diagram creation for orders per customer requirements
- Provide support with details on designed products to appropriate parties
- Maintain product files in our database for accuracy
- Provide engineering support to the assembly department and metal shop as needed.
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-2 or more years of experience in the lighting industry preferred
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks, AutoCad & MS Office – Laser programming and MRP software knowledge is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing products using sheet metal
- Experience with the UL Standards a plus
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing & organizing work
- Must perform well under pressure, possess problem solving skills as issues arise in a fast-paced environment
- Requires excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-motivation, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Maintain a team player mentality & preserve the positive work environment
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to [email protected]