New Star Lighting, a division of 555 International, is an industry leading, privately owned light manufacturer. Our innovative luminaires are designed, engineered, manufactured, and assembled within our Chicago facility. For over 30 years, we have been producing our high‐quality products with the best materials and latest technology available. We specialize in custom, made to order products that can be delivered quickly to our customers with the help from our experienced staff and advanced manufacturing equipment. New Star Lighting continues to adapt to the ever‐changing market trends and provides innovative lighting solutions to the correctional, healthcare, cleanroom, transportation, commercial, and high abuse environments.
As a result of our successful growth, New Star Lighting is seeking a product engineer to join our expanding engineering team. The primary function of this role will be to develop new products, modify our luminaires per customer requirements, enhance our standard products with the latest technologies, assist fellow team members, and provide support to other departments.
Develop products from concept to completion including, but not limited to: 3D design, thorough part detailing, prototype review and implement improvements, provide product assistance to team members, and create product documentation.
- Design new products with cost effective solutions
- Modify existing product to meet customer requirements
- Provide support with details on new products or changes to existing product
- Maintain product files in our database for accuracy
- Provide support to marketing department for market release
- Provide product assistance to production, sales, customer service and purchasing departments
- Support regulatory engineer with regulatory testing, photometry, and other industry certifications
- Regular upkeep with lighting trends and styles, and technological advancements
- Initiate and/or implement ECR’s as necessary
- On occasion, may be requested to travel to various seminars/trade shows
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in the lighting industry preferred
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks & MS Office – Revit, AGi32, and Photopia knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of new product development process and experience with manufacturing products using sheet metal, aluminum & plastic extrusions, die/sand casting, vacuum/thermo forming, and other related processes
- Familiarity with the newest LED technology and light fixture control systems
- Experience with the UL certification process, LM‐79, and other industry standards
- Capable of multi‐tasking, prioritizing & organizing work
- Must perform well under pressure, possess problem solving skills as issues arise in a fast‐paced environment
- Requires excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self‐motivation, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Maintain a team player mentality & preserve the positive work environment
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to [email protected]