As a product engineer you will be a part of in innovative and talented engineering team. You will have the opportunity to utilize and demonstrate your experience, creativity, active in field visits, project solutions and plan and accomplish goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead design from concept through production including component selection, simulation test, prototype build, safety approvals, production integration and technical troubleshooting.
- Identify, initiate, and implement solutions for process/product development that improves performance, reduces cost, strengthens yield, and increases capability.
- Read and write electrical wiring diagrams
- Requires hands on skills to build test apparatus in plastic, metal, and wood.
- Solve problems through mechanical and thermal analysis
- Interface with local or oversea supplier and vendor on projects.
- Familiar with Underwriting Laboratory, Energy Star, DLC and Title 24 requirements o Capable to travel for field inspection.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ year experience (Required)
- Must be organized and be able to follow up and handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be dependable with a strong work ethic
- Ability to comprehend technical specifications
- Strong ability to multitask with testing, designing, and reporting
- Ability to handle customer, vendor, representatives and in house complaints professionally and with urgency o Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to respond to calls and emails in a timely manner
- Ability to build a positive rapport with fellow employees, customers, vendors, and Reps.
- Work and evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and application
- Work well with as a team as well as independently
- Must be a motivated and responsible individual
- Must be organized and positive work ethic
- Must have strong oral and written communication and problem solving
- Work and look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Design 2D and 3D sketches, and create BOM through Solidworks
- Build test prototype in 3D printing and metal fabrication
- Experience in operating a Goniophotometer and Integrating Sphere o Knowledgeable with UL 1598 Luminaire standard
Benefits and Compensation
Nora Lighting offers competitive pay, growth opportunities and a robust benefits package that includes
- Medical, dental, Vision insurance
- Voluntary Life and disability insurance o 401(k) with company match plan
About Nora Lighting:
Since its inception in 1989, Nora Lighting has evolved into one of the industry’s leading designers and manufacturers of quality lighting system for commercial, architectural, retail, hospitality, healthcare, educational and residential applications. Our products have become benchmarks for innovation, quality, and new energy-efficiency standards, and include an exceptional line of recessed, track, Nora Rail, multiple lighting systems, pendants, under cabinet, linear and accent lighting, emergency and exit lighting. The Nora family supports and champions the technological development of luminaires that meet or exceed the highest international standards of design, craftsmanship, quality, performance, and energy efficiency.