USIlluminations (USI) provides energy efficient lighting and energy management to commercial sites regionally, locally, and nationally. We are currently seeking a Technical Solutions Sales Manager to join our growing team and drive sales in key targeted growth areas, to include:
- EV Charging Stations
- Solar Lighting
- LED Lighting and Controls
We offer a competitive compensation based on experience and a wide range of benefits, including paid time off and health insurance.
Must be able to commute to USI headquarters in Akron, Ohio.
- Strong sales background with proven ability to build strategic relations
- Electrical background with knowledge of panels, breakers, transformers, and wiring preferred
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities and differentiators into customer benefits
The right candidate will have:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or relevant work experience preferred
- Experience: A combination of education, training, and 5 years of experience
- Computer Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft, and general understanding of computers and their operating systems.
- Build strategic relationships with existing customers and prospective customers for development of new business opportunities in assigned markets
- Establish contact with key decision makers for sustainability programs within prospective organizations
- Perform site visits to survey existing conditions to gather information required to offer best solution for customer
- Thorough understanding of technical solutions and the ability to visualize and present solutions with confidence
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the prospective customers needs
- Maintains current with technology, market trends, and product development
- Actively support the company’s culture and business mission by always putting USI’s people and its customers first
- Have a proficient understanding of all services offered by USI, as well as key partners
- Work with field sales on larger opportunities to ensure closure and post-sale satisfaction.
- Complete appropriate training opportunities relative to business and product knowledge to maintain continuous education for self -development
- Other responsibilities or projects assigned by Manager
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Professional verbal and written communication both internally and externally
- Willingness to be part of a team and work closely with other team members to meet or exceed individual and departmental sales goals and initiatives
- Multitasking, good problem solving and follow up skills and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proficient level of computer skills in Microsoft Office products
USI Core Values
- Wide Awake: Upbeat, sense of urgency, work hard play hard
- Self-Starter: wants to take the lead; goal driven; think ahead
- Pride in Work: Over Achiever; wants to grow (advance); integrity
- Problem Solver: Communicate to the right people; thinks out of the box: doesn’t make the same mistakes
- I’ve Got Your Back: Team; all components lead to success
Contact & Apply
To explore this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the USI team, however only those under consideration will be contacted.