Title: Regional Sales Manager – Midwest
- Main point of contact for all manufacturers reps and customers in the assigned territory. Ensure SLG is properly positioned and actively marketed by each agency.
- Maintain and grow the existing customer base within the territory. Achieve and exceed sales targets as assigned by management.
- Identify, target, and pursue opportunities in the territory through each level of the sales process (specifier, distributor, contractor, etc.). Consistently engage with stakeholders and follow up on all potential opportunities.
- Develop regional & local sales plans with rep agencies to effectively create product demand and brand awareness.
- Host product trainings for rep agencies, distributors, contractors, and specifiers.
- Attend regional and national trade shows as required. Seek out traditional and non-traditional events to generate leads.
- Provide constant market insight including product and price trends, customer needs/issues, and competitive threats.
- Prepare timely reports to review territory performance and forecast product pipeline.
- Coordinate with internal teams and individuals to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of outside sales experience with documented success growing a territory.
• Prior rep agency, manufacturer, or electrical distribution experience. Lighting industry experience strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of LED Lighting fixtures, components, & applications.
• Must be independent and self-motivated.
• Effective communication skills – both verbal and written. Comfortable communicating with all levels of the sales process.
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Must reside within the territory. Consistently travel greater than 60% of the time.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite – able to create PowerPoint presentations, generate sales reports, etc.
Applicants should send their resume and/or cover letter to [email protected]