Title: Initiative Manager – Luminaire Level Lighting Controls
We are seeking a driven person that is motivated by our mission to discover and deploy the most effective strategies for reduction of energy and carbon emissions. This person will join our new Market Transformation Team at CEE and be collaborative, and adaptive in their approach to work. The Market Transformation Team is responsible for scoping, designing, and implementing a portfolio of emerging technology initiatives, to accelerate the adoption of new energy efficient technologies in Minnesota. The Initiative Manager for Luminaire Level Lighting Controls (LLLCs) will be responsible for coordinating the initiative strategy and launching market interventions to begin increasing technology adoption. This initiative is a key part of the electric savings portfolio, and this position will be responsible for working on technology training and other market intervention strategies in 2023. The ideal candidate will have experience with commercial lighting technologies, the lighting supply chain and energy efficiency.
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul’s Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. In 2023, CEE is launching a statewide market transformation program that will accelerate the adoption and availability of emerging energy efficiency technologies. Beginning in the fall of 2022 we will begin building a team of motivated professionals to join our mission-driven organization and build upon our history of program innovation, research, and community engagement. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
- Project manage and participate in the development of foundational market analysis and initiative strategy
- Collaboratively participate in the development of the program theory of transformation for this technology with internal and external partners
- Lead a team of directly managed and cross functional staff working to accelerate adoption of LLLC’s
- Engage with utility stakeholders to understand perspectives and align activities and outcomes
- Work with lighting manufacturers, distributors and contractors to understand barriers and opportunities for LLLCs and advance initiative goals
- Develop and launch product training for contractors
- Deploy additional market intervention strategies to accelerate adoption of the technology
- Understand and clearly communicate the product definition, energy savings potential and customer benefits for LLLCs to contractors and other key market actors
- Manage initiative budget and work to gain leveraged funds and increase the scale of activities with external partners
- Collaborate nationally to understand activities, best practices and opportunities in other regions
- Select and manage subcontractors as needed to complete the initiative activities
- Work with market research and evaluation team to track and monitor product market share and other market progress indicators (MPIs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in relevant field required
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in energy efficiency or comparable experience in the lighting industry
- Experience with commercial lighting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand technical details within a given field
- Demonstrated experience crafting and delivering training materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to craft clear and compelling deliverables
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of teams and external partners
- Energy efficiency program implementation experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with emerging technologies
- Deep understanding of market trends and indicators
- Experience with the lighting supply chain
- Desire to work for a mission-driven organization and play a role in addressing the climate challenge
- Ability to work in fast-paced, outcome-driven environment with responsibilities to meet deadlines and program goals
- Full-time position with benefits. Salary depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Apply by going to our career’s website: https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us
Center for Energy and Environment seeks to enrich the diversity of the CEE community and encourages applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. CEE is long noted for its research, policy advocacy and programming to provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses and communities.